2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Good performer, questionable reliability
By Jason on 01/01/09 08:44 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After test driving several makes and models, I bought the 335i xDrive with the sports package and nav. The car has been in the shop for approximately 2 of the 6 weeks that I have owned the car... so far (issues with a coolant pump). Car drives well on dry road but during our recent snow storm, the car had poor traction despite xDrive and the car slips and slides with the slightest braking. Most likely due to the tires that come with the Sports package. When I drove the 328xi loaner car, while my car was in the shop, it drove well in the snow. Overall, a good looking sleek car with good performance and features.

Not perfect, but very, very good!
By JAD on 11/29/08 10:03 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Would have given it all 10s but couldn't because of the flimsy exterior mirrors, the bad cup holder design and, worst of all, the run flat tires. These have to go, and as soon as I have the time I will get rid of them and replace them with regular high performance tires. The RFTs make the ride rough and the cost of replacing them is ridiculous. These tires are my biggest drawback about the BMW. Fuel economy isn't as good as I'd like but I'm not complaining about that because the performance of the car is excellent. Test drove the C-class, but once I drove the BMW I knew right away that its a much better car. Too early to tell about reliability, but so far its looking like a keeper.

Wow
By JScott on 11/28/08 20:20 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 2009 BMW 335i is even more fun than my previous 2006 BMW 330i. I had a great experience with my previous 330i and didn't think there was much room for improvement. The 2009 335i takes an already near perfect design and adds just a little more in a lot of area. The engine is something you just have to experience by driving the car. Great power at all speeds and seems to beg to be driven harder. The handling is great in the curves. The new iDrive is fantastic. This is not the sluggish iDrive system of the past. If you are into tech toys and can operate a modern cell phone you will love the new iDrive. If you like performance cars go test drive one. Just be prepared to want one.

2009 BMW 335i
By Brad R on 11/23/08 16:12 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I may have had the first 09 335i in all of CA while the rest were stuck in customs at the Long Beach Port in LA. This car is great! Fast, tight, great control, nice new body look with minor changes in the 09 in the exterior as well as on the interior. iDrive is so much better then old system. Great maps, options, usability, hard drive! And with the new twin Turbo which does its part to conserve gas this beast has power when you need it, and style when you are just rolling. Perfect mix of luxury and sport. The back seat is too small, but I guess thats why there is a 5 series.

All Good
By Thomas on 10/13/08 15:30 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just picked up the 335i Friday and I've been having a blast driving it. There isn't much to complain about with this car it is what I expected with a little bit more. Great car!

A great car!
By Douglass Jefferson on 10/09/08 17:25 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I just finally got out of a lease deal involving a 2007 Mercedes C230 sport and got what I should've gotten to begin with a 335i. It's very fuel efficient for a sporty sedan, it's gorgeous, reliable so far, outstanding quality, and unmatched performance. I am so happy with my purchase, I highly recommend it to every one who wants a reliable luxury sedan.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.