2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
ZOOOOOOOOOM!
By OBX BMW on 02/28/09 13:34 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased a 2009 BMW 335i hardtop convertible eight days and 600 miles ago. So far I love everything about this car. It's as fast as any car I've ever driven, and I owned two Corvettes. Traveling to NC from NJ I averaged 26.4 MPG. So far so good no problems at all and I hope it stays that way. A very elegant piece of German engineering loaded with the latest technology.

Evolving automobile enthusiast
By First time lessee on 02/17/09 21:59 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I never thought of leasing a BMW, but someone very close indirectly recommended it to me. This is my first experience with a BMW and so far (first month) it has been very good. The xDrive system is quite good on ice and snow, but as other reviewers have commented, a delay in acceleration can be felt. Fuel economy is around 16 to 18 mpg in town and 28 to 30 on the highway. It may be too early to comment on the run flat tires.

Great looks with muscle to back it up
By swiz454 on 02/16/09 07:52 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Blk/blk auto w/sport package. This car is fast. It pulls hard like a V8 and has a great engine note. Since my previous cars were manuals I was hesitant getting the auto but with the sport mode it holds the gear longer & you can run it to redline. I like this a lot mostly coming out of a turn - you're always in the right gear. The new iDrive is light years better than the previous version. The car is an excellent mix of daily driver & rocket. I catch myself doing 90+MPH on the hwy, feels like 50 mph. It has all the latest technology anyone could need (bluetooth w/phone import, GPS w/lrg scrn, itune integration).

A big step up!
By Matt on 02/07/09 13:57 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car! Looks great. Drives great and is scary fast. Very smooth so you have to keep an eye on speed. Mileage is about as expected (21 mpg overall so far). Compared to Caddy CTS, Infiniti G37, Audi A4, Acura TL. For driving feel and fun, BMW wins easily (G37 is closest). Had trouble with sun visor pulling out of headliner, which is now fixed. Also got a flat tire on way home from the dealership - run flats came in handy! The AWD seems to work well, but the tire grip in snow/slush/ice is not great. Overall, and expensive purchase, but I have absolutely no regrets.

Luxury Rocket
By J. Yoon on 02/02/09 20:58 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for 3 days and I can't stop driving it. It's a blast to drive and is a real head turner. The interior is way ahead of Infiniti and maybe even Audi. The car shifts sooo smoothly. Forget the G37, considering the deals that are available, it's time to buy the Bimmer!

Blast to drive!
By buckeyedoc on 01/12/09 20:18 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Have !2500 miles on this coupe and I love it. Top notch performance and styling. The handling is great. The mileage on the highway is OK (28 MPG) but not great around town (16MPG). I have had 2 Audis before this and I think that the Audi is better in the snow and the interior is superior but the BMW is much more solid feeling on the highway. Overall for me it is a toss-up. the deciding factor was the proximity of the dealers (10 mins vs. 40). Only regret is that I wish I had gotten the manual.

Follow-up review after 2K miles
By Michael on 01/07/09 13:42 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Driving in about 4 inches of unpaved snow, slush and ice: In straight lines it accelerates and stops under complete control. To test out the traction around corners, I took a couple turns at relatively unsafe speeds, close to 15 MPH. The DTS flickered and appeared to do something, but it definitely felt like I drifted out of my lane. During sensible speeds, drifting was not an issue. Slight hesitance may be confused with skidding, but its actually DTS doing its thing to keep you on your intended path. X-drive is very capable. However, I honestly feel Subaru sets the bar when it comes to AWD technology. Basically if you're looking for a luxury AWD coupé, look no further.

Good performer, questionable reliability
By Jason on 01/01/09 08:44 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After test driving several makes and models, I bought the 335i xDrive with the sports package and nav. The car has been in the shop for approximately 2 of the 6 weeks that I have owned the car... so far (issues with a coolant pump). Car drives well on dry road but during our recent snow storm, the car had poor traction despite xDrive and the car slips and slides with the slightest braking. Most likely due to the tires that come with the Sports package. When I drove the 328xi loaner car, while my car was in the shop, it drove well in the snow. Overall, a good looking sleek car with good performance and features.

INCREDIBLE!
By BMW Enthusiast on 12/30/08 15:10 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

It's about time that the U.S. gets the german performance diesels! This car is absolutely a blast to drive and the 425ft lbs of torque is felt very easily in your seat. The exhaust pipes are so clean it looks like one can eat off of them. Anyone who test drives this car will not be disappointed. Most simply put..this is an awesome car!

From Audi to BMW
By Devon on 12/30/08 11:19 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently purchased my BMW 335i xDrive and it is amazing. I took the car with all options available, and so in terms of aesthetics, performance and functionality, this car is sublime. I use to drive an Audi 2.0T Quattro, and though the cars are not meant to be compared, I can say without a doubt that the BMW ride quality, performance and driving experience are considerably superior. The interior layout is also on par with Audi's high-quality interiors. Overall, I must say that I'm happy I got this car over an A5... though I probably would have taken an S5, had there not been a 1yr waiting list!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.