Used 2009 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Stellar in all respects
By Danny Smith

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is stellar in all respects. Yes, more expensive than some competitors but far and away one of the best handling and best performing vehicles in its price range, all things considered. Engine rumored to dyno at nearly 350 lb ft at the engine with 300 lb ft at the rear wheels. This is so fast that it would spin its tires with full throttle in first gear. Only stellar traction and stability control prevent this. Automatic is cool but if you are looking for all out performance get the stick. Some delay with auto trans.

Speed, handling, speed, handling, build quality. Solid interior. Safe.

Make it less expensive.

Fast, Fast, Fast
By Jim

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Sold my 33cic last winter and bought a brand new 335 coupe in April of 2009. Even though it's not a convertible, I am more than happy with the change in performance between the two rides. I sincerely get excited every time I drive this machine, even after owning it for over 6 months!!! Be careful with the sport package and the seats. I'm still trying to find a comfort level there. It will happen though. This car begs you to take it past 100 m.p.h. This is a "bucket list" vehicle!

Ipod integration, dual turbos, exterior appearance, bluetooth phone integration.

I wish they would have kept the window function buttons on the center console. Cup holders kind of bizarre. Other than that, no complaints!

No regrets
By Steve C

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After years of driving VW's, I walked into a BMW dealer after being treated like a second class citizen when I went to Audi to inquire on an S4. Their loss, my gain. The 335i xDrive with 6 speed manual is an amazing car... Fast, silky smooth drive, exceptional handling. iDrive is great, better than the last version I hear. Fuel consumption is average, but for a 300 hp twin turbo that oozes muscle and pure pleasure, I can't complain. 5 star driving experience all the way!

Looks of the 335i's rear end, interior layout. Prefer the 2008 wheels you get with the sports package versus the ones I got on the 2009... but that's a small detail.

No more run flat tires... give me a spare or at least the option to choose.

Good - Not Perfect
By Ernie

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

If you're a 'driver' you'll love the steering, suspension and handling. Plus, the car is tight, engine is smooth and interior is perfect. But... HD radio is terrible. Constantly flips in & out of HD, save your money. BMW won't fix it. Auto trans is also sketchy. In sport mode it won't ever go to 6th gear and regular mode just doesn't downshift readily. If you're doing 40 MPH and step on it, it bogs down unless you press deep on the pedal. It makes the car feel underpowered. But you can punch it down a gear (or 2) with paddle shifters (I have sport pkg). Had a 330i with 5-spd prior to this and power wise, this is a little disappointing. If you're on the fence... get the Turbo! Wish I did.

Sport package seats and heaters (they're fast). Chunky steering wheel. Exterior style. Back seat is most usable in this class.

BMW engineers should drive an Acura to see how an auto should work. I'm not crazy about turbos (which is why I didn't buy one) so I'd like to see a stronger non-turbo (AKA the old 330 motor). BMW should make it possible to buy car without run-flats - they're really stupid about this.

Great car
By blue-bull

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just one awesome car to drive. My wife is begging me to drive it, but I refuse for I am having way too much fun. Well balanced performance, driving experience and comfort this is build for the drive car.

More power please!!!

The "low tire" light comes on every day... what a pain!!!! I never know if it is because of the cold or a real flat tire!!!