2009 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Think twice before purchasing
By abstractreasoner on 03/28/09 09:26 AM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is fine if you want to pretend you're in a race with the other cars on the road. If you want a refined car with a transmission, throttle, and engine that work well together, buy a Mercedes C-class. This car is an example of how a well engineered car can also be very unrefined. If it had a manual transmission it would probably be much easier to drive. Some shifts are smooth, some are not, others happen when you least expect it.

Perfect Fit, Finish, and Design
By klutch1 on 03/14/09 18:08 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

By far, one of the greatest BMWs I have ever owned. Make that one of the best built, highly refined autos I have ever driven. Excellent power, great fit and finish, and just the ultimate driving experience. Bar-none, the best 2 door convertible available on the market today. And BMW makes it so easy to own with low financing and very easy credit. A+++

Awesome Car
By bbrown7 on 03/11/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had the car for a couple weeks so far, and it's been a pleasure. Base model with auto trans and heated seats. Dealer agreed to replace the Bridgestone Turanzas with Continental RFTs prior to me taking delivery. Handling is fantastic, build quality outstanding. No issues so far whatsoever.

ZOOOOOOOOOM!
By OBX BMW on 02/28/09 13:34 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased a 2009 BMW 335i hardtop convertible eight days and 600 miles ago. So far I love everything about this car. It's as fast as any car I've ever driven, and I owned two Corvettes. Traveling to NC from NJ I averaged 26.4 MPG. So far so good no problems at all and I hope it stays that way. A very elegant piece of German engineering loaded with the latest technology.

Evolving automobile enthusiast
By First time lessee on 02/17/09 21:59 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I never thought of leasing a BMW, but someone very close indirectly recommended it to me. This is my first experience with a BMW and so far (first month) it has been very good. The xDrive system is quite good on ice and snow, but as other reviewers have commented, a delay in acceleration can be felt. Fuel economy is around 16 to 18 mpg in town and 28 to 30 on the highway. It may be too early to comment on the run flat tires.

Great looks with muscle to back it up
By swiz454 on 02/16/09 07:52 AM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Blk/blk auto w/sport package. This car is fast. It pulls hard like a V8 and has a great engine note. Since my previous cars were manuals I was hesitant getting the auto but with the sport mode it holds the gear longer & you can run it to redline. I like this a lot mostly coming out of a turn - you're always in the right gear. The new iDrive is light years better than the previous version. The car is an excellent mix of daily driver & rocket. I catch myself doing 90+MPH on the hwy, feels like 50 mph. It has all the latest technology anyone could need (bluetooth w/phone import, GPS w/lrg scrn, itune integration).

A big step up!
By Matt on 02/07/09 13:57 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car! Looks great. Drives great and is scary fast. Very smooth so you have to keep an eye on speed. Mileage is about as expected (21 mpg overall so far). Compared to Caddy CTS, Infiniti G37, Audi A4, Acura TL. For driving feel and fun, BMW wins easily (G37 is closest). Had trouble with sun visor pulling out of headliner, which is now fixed. Also got a flat tire on way home from the dealership - run flats came in handy! The AWD seems to work well, but the tire grip in snow/slush/ice is not great. Overall, and expensive purchase, but I have absolutely no regrets.

Luxury Rocket
By J. Yoon on 02/02/09 20:58 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for 3 days and I can't stop driving it. It's a blast to drive and is a real head turner. The interior is way ahead of Infiniti and maybe even Audi. The car shifts sooo smoothly. Forget the G37, considering the deals that are available, it's time to buy the Bimmer!

Blast to drive!
By buckeyedoc on 01/12/09 20:18 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 335i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Have !2500 miles on this coupe and I love it. Top notch performance and styling. The handling is great. The mileage on the highway is OK (28 MPG) but not great around town (16MPG). I have had 2 Audis before this and I think that the Audi is better in the snow and the interior is superior but the BMW is much more solid feeling on the highway. Overall for me it is a toss-up. the deciding factor was the proximity of the dealers (10 mins vs. 40). Only regret is that I wish I had gotten the manual.

Follow-up review after 2K miles
By Michael on 01/07/09 13:42 PM (PST)

2009 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Driving in about 4 inches of unpaved snow, slush and ice: In straight lines it accelerates and stops under complete control. To test out the traction around corners, I took a couple turns at relatively unsafe speeds, close to 15 MPH. The DTS flickered and appeared to do something, but it definitely felt like I drifted out of my lane. During sensible speeds, drifting was not an issue. Slight hesitance may be confused with skidding, but its actually DTS doing its thing to keep you on your intended path. X-drive is very capable. However, I honestly feel Subaru sets the bar when it comes to AWD technology. Basically if you're looking for a luxury AWD coupé, look no further.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.