2008 BMW 3 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - I can't drive 55

2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I can't drive 55
By Ramblinman on

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 335 coupe is the fastest car I've ever owned. I constantly find that I'm driving a lot faster than I should. It's quiet, handles like a slot car and accelerates like a V-8. Mileage is almost the same as my 10 year old 3 series. The ride with the sport suspension is harsh over rough pavement. Road noise is noticable over anything other than very smooth road. IDrive requires a learning curve. It's not intuitive, but once you get the hang of it, you have a lot of information and a lot more control over the functions of your car. Although it handles well, it is a very heavy car for its size. Brakes are a little touchy, but stop the car on a dime. The windshield is raked back steeply.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and fuel economy for the power. Handling, quiet ride. Great growl from dual exhausts when you step on it. But quiet for highway cruising.

Suggested Improvements

Ride over rough pavement is too harsh with 18" wheels. 17" should be fine for street driving. Ditch the run flats. Cup holders are horrible. No room for my Big Gulp. IDrive is great if you have a week to master it. Make it simpler. My dog hates the fold down seats. They don't fold down flat.