2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great car
By Red 328i on 09/11/08 16:16 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purposely waited a few months to write a review so I could experience the car a little bit. I have had the car for 2 months now and it has not disappointed. There is no question I would prefer the HP of the 335 better but this car is a great combination of performance, driving dynamics and comfort. I was coming from a G35 and this car is definitely put together better and doesn't feel as cheap (because it isn't!!). Compared it to everything else in the same class and it is a bit more expensive, but so far, it was worth it. Run flats do make the ride a bit rough. I have the 6spd and I am getting roughly 20 mpg in the city - Not bad and very important these days.

Can't Read Radio Dial w/ Sun Glasses
By Murphy on 09/09/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Handles well, and looks good, but the radio fades in and out (known BMW problem, but no fix at this time) and I can't read the radio when wearing polarized sun glasses. I asked the dealership about this and they said BMW knows about it, but no fix. I was shocked that BMW would build a car with a radio that we can't read the radio dials when wearing polarized sun glasses. I never had this problem with prior cars. Also, the Jet black paint scratches too easily.

Why BMW?
By MSMAMBA on 09/09/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I hesitated before purchasing the 328i. In fact, I opted for a 2007 MB C230 Sport for my wife after test driving the then-new 335i in 2006. Realistically, I do not see how a daily commute needs 300+ hp. The 328i provides adequate handling even w/o the sport(y) package when compared to the RX8 I traded in. Unfortunately, the 16" runflat all-seasons are a poor compromise. Highway expansion joints are much more noticeable than the MB. The MB has 17" performance tires w/ lower profile. BMW also worked diligently on cost-cutting when packaging the E90. Where is the standard alarm? Where is the jack? How about a real cup holder? Still, the 328i puts a smile on my face every morning.

Absolute bliss
By gottadrivebmw on 09/05/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Picked up the car this past march. It was sitting in the lot, so the sales person gave us the car for invoice price, so I couldn't resist the offer. Got the car in monaco blue on beige. Absolutely gorgeous. The car is a beast, even though it goes 0-60 in 5.7 secs, give or take, you'll outrun 90% of the cars on the road. Gas mileage is superb as well, averaging 24 mpg with mixed driving. I just filled up my car and I have 440 miles on a full tank. If you're looking for a fun and somewhat economical car, the 335i is it.

2008 328i Auto/Metallic/IPOD
By lipsmasher on 09/01/08 21:44 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Handling is awesome. Power is incredible. I tried the DS mode and the steptronic and car left in a hurry. Fuel economy so far is about 24 MPG 75%/25% highway/city. Seems to do badly in stop and go traffic. Test drove a C300, IS250, and C230. BMW was far superior in all categories.

2008 335i Cpe Auto RWD
By joe on 08/31/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I previously owned an '07 Cayman S. This car is a beautiful compromise between a sports car and a luxury car. It is tight, fast, and comfortable. It is easy to drive. The gas mileage is surprisingly good if driven conservatively. I was leery about the run-flats, but I have to say I don't notice a harsh ride or excess noise (especially compared to the ride of the Porsche in sport mode, with conventional tires). The options do push the price up.

BMW 335i
By Kurt on 08/26/08 19:43 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Car is fun to drive, but unreliable at times. In my opinion, this car has a fuel management problem. Don't like the run flats, but oh well. Recommend waiting two more years until BMW works out the bugs or you'll be spending more time in the shop than expected. Have a second car available. Lease, do not buy this car so you can get a good feel for the car until you are ready to buy.

335i Convertible is Fun In The Sun
By Philip on 08/15/08 16:41 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My first BMW and am really glad I got the convertible. I'm in San Diego where the weather is great year round; dropping the top on my new 335i enhances the fun of this great car. It's a speeding ticket waiting to happen. Watch out CHP! The performance is spectacular. It's a real beauty and it turns heads. Mine is alpine white with cream beige leather seats - very classy looking. I purchased the PermaPlate to protect the paint and the leather seats. Especially good investment for a convertible as the seats have more exposure to the elements - the car looks great all the time. Driving in sport mode is great fun on mountain roads - truly exhilarating. This car rates high on the fun meter!

This Car Rocks
By Rob Miller on 08/11/08 09:24 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded my 2003 325i for a 2008 328i. This is no "luxury-boat," but it is a head-turner. I bought this car because my 325i was almost perfect for 5 1/2 years. BMWs have strong bloodlines, and if you see a six year old BMW on the street, you know what it is. I got the Sports package, 6 speed manual, leatherette, and little else because the car comes so well equipped. I like the wood grain dash, although it looks a little shiny and plastic. This car seems a little bigger and more.

Awesome car, but no longer entry level
By francisb on 08/09/08 21:35 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd 3-series (2002 325i, 2006 325i, now my 2008 328i Coupe) and I can say that I have been a loyal, dedicated customer of BMW. The cars are so wonderful once you buy one you can't buy or drive any other make. It feels like a part of you physically as you drive the car, from the structure to the brakes to the steering and engine the feeling is so terrific and reassuring other makes feel like appliances in comparison or clouds to drive (i.e. Lexus). BMW sure has created a car worthy of master craftsmanship that will have longevity in the marketplace for years to come if they keep up the wonderful effort in producing such a wonderful product!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 BMW 3 Series in WA is:

$164 per month*