Used 2007 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 336 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Perfect for me
By Dan

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

You will really love this car if you're interested in a car that you want to enjoy driving. I like to drive, even if it's just to the local grocery store or just to work during the week. I have the 335 with the manual transmission and I just love every minute of it. Any 3 series will give you all the driving enjoyment you'll need or at least an understanding of why BMW is so special. The twin turbo 335 in addition to the manual transmission will just add to that experience. The aftermarket is also full of many performance mod's that can easily make this car have between 350 to 400 HP or more. The 300 HP stock rating is definitely under-rated to begin with, so don't compare numbers.

I like the i-drive with navigation... it's easy to use and makes everything is right there at a glance. The fat tires grip very well. The seats are amazing and the interior controls are just perfect and intuitive to where your hands might naturally rest.

Either make run-flat tires much cheaper to replace, or give the car non run-flats with some sort of spare tire option. Try looking for a set of run flats for 225/40 and 255/35 and see how many options you come up with and what they cost.

A very practical and fun car to drive.
By isodose

2007 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my 2004 Porsche 911 for this 335xi, needed a car for all the weather as I live in the upper midwest. This car is not a sports car like the porsche but it can hold its own on the road ( I have not taken this car to the track yet). I customed ordered this car with manual and navigation. The overall build quality of this car is excellent. I have driven the car for 6 months and 10,000 miles, no problems so far. The acceleration is there when you need it, can pass 95% care with ease on any road. The four wheel drive is very competent in any weather. Average duel mileage with 70% freeway is about 23 mpg. The iDrive was easy to use and very intuitive. I would highly recommend this car.

Excellent handling. hand free bluetooth is very helpful - loads my blackberry address book into the iDrive screen. The iPod interface is excellent.

Heated steering wheel, add night vision as an option on the 3 series.

Overall Very Pleased
By jnb062470

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Two words: stupid fast. A few bugs from the get-go (difficulty starting, iPod integration) but overall very pleased with the 335. It is more spacious than my 05 330. Fuel economy is not quite what I expect but I can't complain with 300 horses under the hood and expect it will get better as everything gets broken in.

Horsepower and torque, torque and horespower. iPod integration took some figuring out but is very nice. Did I mention the horsepower and torque???

RFTs are a joke. Will replace with "normal" tires before too long and buy the ContiKit for any flats. No oil dipstick? Detailed directions for Bluetooth and iPod integration would be nice.

Best 3-Series Yet
By Eric

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After coming from my previous E46 3-series, the current 3 feels like the best yet. The 335 engine is worth the extra money, hands-down. The power is truly amazing. It's slightly larger than previous 3s, but I suppose BMW is making room in the line-up for the 1-series. Fit and finish are impressive, as always. The car is literally an extension of your body when driving -- extremely intuitive and responsive. Some downsides include reliability (minor issues mainly), run flat tires, slow responsiveness of iDrive and Comfort Access at times, poorly placed window controls (too far away), and quirky voice recognition.

Powerful engine keeps pace with many sports cars, dynamic handling, SOS standard, very fun to drive, exceptional safety features, triple- blink turn signals, heat "at rest" feature, real-time traffic, and more!

Run flat tires should be optional -- No all-season RFT available as replacements for sport pkg... nobody makes them!! Horrible! Window controls are in a weird location -- put them back on the middle console. Typical 3-series drying/cracking door seals are STILL a problem and create creaking noise

A Very Satisfied Owner
By sf31

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I had always wanted a true convertible and when I read about the new 335 hardtop conv and the tt engine I plunked down my money. I took ED delivery in July and we had a once in a lifetime expereince driving through the Alps and Italy. It is now home and over Thanksgiving it had its first long trip of 1,200m RT. Although it is technically a very sophisticated car, with heaps of electronic gadgetry - I have iDrive - it all works as advertised. I even lowered the top on I-95 in stopped traffic. Needless to say, it is fast and performs very well. And it is quiet cruising at 100 as if it were a coupe. Gas mileage isn't bad either, getting 23 mpg in a mix of suburban and high speed driving.

The twin turbo engine, build quality, overall design and execution, good looks, Sirius radio, cruise control, comfort assist, folding rear seat, safety devices for folding top.

I can't think of any.