2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Run Flat Alternative
By Greg on 09/30/09 11:20 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Like most other BMW owners that bought their vehicles with RFTs, I too had a less than positive experience. It was a rougher ride than my '02 M3 after 15k miles. I'm ready for my first tire replacements at 30K miles and fortunately took it in for service before buying new tires. Complained about them to the service guy and he finally agreed they weren't getting rave reviews and said, under his breath, that people switching to regular tires noticed a marked improvement in handling, noise and comfort. He also said BMW now sells a "Mobility" kit for non-RFT tires (comes standard with new M's apparently) that is basically a fancy tire repair in a can. Ordering new Michelin's today!

Good for the cost
By BGDC on 04/02/09 08:04 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My 6 speed 335i ZSP sedan was purchased used as a CPO. The power's nice, the fairly sharp handling is rewarding (nice to be back in RWD) and the is quite cocooned. Large trunk, decent gas mileage and large backseat make it a good family car (wife and infant son). I look forward to curves. Sadly, the vehicle is extremely heavy, the RFTs are lousy and the interior trim appears to be peeling away on the door handle and steering wheel. It's a fun enough car but I look forward to the day I won't need something so large; I'm anxious for BMW to produce a light RWD coupe/sedan. For the next few years the 335i will suffice.

2007 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan RWD
By CDH on 02/27/09 10:22 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Absolutely the best car I have ever owned. Handles as you would expect for a BMW...like a sports car but also with the luxury you would expect from BMW. This car is FAST...very FAST!!! One must be very careful driving because you can get to 100mph in a heartbeat and it only feels like you're doing 40mph. For a 300hp engine, gets great gas mileage at posted highway speeds (65mph) of somewhere around 29-30mpg. Expect 23-24 mpg in combined highway/city driving. After 14000 miles and 16 months of driving, I have had zero issues requiring any maintenance by the dealership. They did change the oil at one year (11K miles) and the wiper blades but the car has needed no other attention.

Couldn't be Happier
By bud on 02/09/09 13:41 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought my 335i after begging my wife to drive her 535i for 6 months. I chose the sedan over the coupe because I do have people in the backseat frequently. The car drives like a rocket on wheels. Fast, but also very smooth and refined in most driving situations. It is the only car I have owned in 45 years of driving that excites me every time I start it, even after a year's ownership. An unexpected plus has been the gas mileage. It has consistently delivered 22+MPG city and 30 on highway cruises. It has been extraordinarily reliable with only routine dealer visits all covered under warranty.

Fun when it's not in the shop
By Mike on 01/17/09 10:30 AM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Thankfully, BMW has a 50000 mile all included warranty with their cars. The performance is great. I love the car but there are definitely material issues. 1. Steering wheel peels 2. Turbos rattle and wastegates need to be replaced 3. Door locks fail and have to be replaced 4. Plastic and rubber pieces scratch easily.

First BMW and my last
By Jim on 10/29/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted to try the BMW and was impressed with the 335i advertised horsepower and torque. But I didn't really notice the turbo lag on the test drive when I bought the car. Now 2 years later I can't wait to turn this vehicle in. It has been back to the dealer 3 times for performance and I am always told this is normal. It is extremely irritating and dangerous. Try to pull out in traffic or try to go when it is your turn at a 4 way stop and you will have a one second delay from the time you hit the gas until it goes. Then it jerks as the traction control goes on and off. I have had the brake sensors replaced and the steering column. Stay away from this car. Poor quality and performance.

Best car I will ever own
By stressdoc on 09/25/08 06:51 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My son and I traveled to Europe to get this car via BMW's European delivery program. Fantastic! Driving this car on the autobahns and alpine switchbacks was the experience of a lifetime. The twin-turbo engine is unbelievable -- Incredible power. 30+ mpg on the highway. Superb handling. Two years and 22k miles later I am still in love with this car. The 2009 models have most of the improvements that I would want, except still no M-sport option. I would also be tempted by the super efficient 50 mpg diesels that are best sellers in Europe.

Love it
By Nat on 08/08/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car used, with a whopping 600 miles on it. Have had it for 3 months and added 7,000 incredibly fun miles. I have owned 2 jeeps (both soft top), 2 Volvos, 1 Lexus, 1 Benz, 1 Ford and 1 BMW years ago - this is by far the most fun to drive and the only one other than my first Jeep that has garnered great comments from other drivers. Took it in for regular maintenance service early at 7,600 miles as I don't want to wait til recommended 15,000 miles. I expected to pay for this one myself, but dealer took care of it anyway. Great car.

Uncompromising performance with good MPG
By Scott on 05/06/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

All around this has been a great car for the past year. It has averaged 21 MPG with a 65% city 35% freeway driving mix, and that is with some spirited driving on many occassions. On a recent road trip (400 miles) I averaged nearly 30 MPG. So to get that kind of MPG from a car that has 300 HP, 300 lb-feet of torque and can 0-60 in 5.5 seconds is amazing! One complaint has been the runflat tires (Bridgestone Potenzas.) They tramline, ride harsh and don't have the best traction. If I MUST have runflats, the Michelin Pilot Sport ZP would be a better choice. Overall, the car has been nearly flawless and completely reliable. My mirrors have a memory setting problem.

Almost same performance as my lotus
By Chris on 03/05/08 13:28 PM (PST)

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this car for 1year and 2 months. All I can say is wow. My 0-60 times are 4.8 seconds. The car handles like no other 4 door. Car handles great in snow and ice. The DTC is out of this world and doesn't let you spin out the car in the snow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.