Used 2007 BMW 3 Series 335i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Simply Epic
By Chris

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just recently purchased this car for a replacement my 2007 Jetta, and all i have to say is "WOW" The power of the engine as you accelerate down the road is exhilarating. It car looks amazing and the looks it receives as you drive down the road is justified. The gas mileage is better in this then my Jetta, i am getting about 30 mpg. The 10 logic speaker system sounds outstanding and the bluetooth that is incorporated in works very well. Overall, the car is a finely tuned car that is put together and in in my opinion, the best car on the market.

Favorite Features

The 3.0 L twin turbo engine that is pushing out 300 horses and 300 lbs/ft of torque. And the Speakers sound amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing to note yet, only had the car for 4 days. Will update in a few months

Love the 3 series
By David

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently had to downsize from '07 X5 and I have to say, I am happy that I did. The gas mileage is great, the car control feel like you are on rails, interior is very comfortable (sport package seats, highly recommend). The amount of power is amazing for such a small car. Overall, I very happy with the car and will continue being a dedicated BMW consumer.

Favorite Features

Seats, bluetooth, navigation, car control

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders

Fun to drive
By Oldgoat912

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Replacement for 1998 540i six speed. Although smaller my 335i is faster and more nimble. GREAT FUN to drive and comfortable for an old man (66!). My only problem is the tire ware. I don't spin out at every stop sign but had to replace the rear tires at 13,300 miles. I also think it would take one hell of a driver to accelerate faster with the six speed than with the auto trans. I love the shift paddles, the stereo and blue tooth.

Favorite Features

Shift paddles, stereo, blue tooth, sports suspension, sports seats.

Suggested Improvements

Include a grandpa mode that is easier on the tire wear and improves fuel consumption.

Wow.
By IloveMy335i

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After many hours of research and two years of savings. I was sold when BMW offered 0.9% financing on all preowned 3series. I've driven many cars from BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche. And currently owned an Accord and Infiniti Fx35. After the test drive of the 335i, I was blown away by how responsive the Twin turbo system was. It drives flawlessly together. I initially thought the car handled only slightly better than my Accord Coupe, until I mentioned this to the sales advisor that I compared the handling of my Honda w/ this BMW! He was floored and took me for a "special" test drive. Let say, he almost made me wet my pants on a round about on ramp to the freeway!

Favorite Features

Solid feel of the car. Responsive throttle. Bluetooth. Aggressive, yet understated Styling. Great paint, very easy to remove deep blemishes with a little wax and elbow grease. Piece of mind that my CPO 335i has a 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Run Flat tires, I'd prefer a spare over these tires.

Fun car when it's not at the dealer
By BGDC

2007 BMW 3 Series Sedan 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The 335i offers an intoxicating engine and a very good chassis with near perfect balance. Sadly, the engine's got a common problem burning through fuel pumps, the chassis is upset easily by the poorly conceived RFTs and the car's balanced but 400 lbs too heavy. I picked up a CPO 335i ZSP as a family car that could offer some space that my Cooper S lacked. In that regard it does fine. No, I'm not getting 30 MPG now (more like 22), but I do have room for the baby in the back and a good sized trunk for family outings. Perfect, if not for: weight (unavoidable), RFTs (replaceable) and engine/turbo malfunctions (I've had nearly all turbo-related parts replaced over 16 days at the dealer).

Favorite Features

Power RWD Sure handling Comfy driver's seat

Suggested Improvements

Engine reliability Quality of interior materials Lighter weight Ditch the RFTs for real tires