Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Excellent driver though issues
By Romas

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased first ever BMW, was a CPO with only 29k on odo and had sport, premium, & 6 sp manual. I love the handling, excellent brakes, seats fit perfect & logic7 is 100% better than stock system. Complaints-Reliability 1 mo had an exhaust camshaft sensor, 2 mo later rr rt wheel bearing day then 3 mo later lt rear wheel bearing. Spoke to1st owner & he had nothing to hide (accidents, hard driving etc). Run flats worst tires ever owned. Tram lining & wear are horrible. Suggest top rated A/S perf tires when replacing!! Reliability will determine if it's a keeper or seller at CPO end 2-12. Best ever daily driver if you can only own one car!

Handling, seats, logic7 and style. Outstanding fuel economy, averaging 27-29 mpg with 30% city, 70% hwy & average driving.

Spare tire, reliability, no fold down rear seats standard option?

Horrible Tires
By Silvers Mom

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with my new car and the drive was great for the first two years or so. Since then, I've fallen out of love with my car for a number of reasons, all given by other drivers. My car seems to have to same issues that I've read under the 5 series' reviews on Edmunds and I recently had to have fuel injector work that would have cost about $1,300 but they covered it under warranty even though I was out of warranty. Car still idles roughly. My tires are toast and have been for a while. I only have 25,000 miles on my car! Saw someone else mention run-flats are $1200! So - I am already facing $$$$$ on a car that has low mileage and isn't that old.

When the tires are good, the handling is wonderful as is acceleration for a 4 door sedan. I love the HVAC and heated seats. I also think the trunk is huge for a car this size.

Tires. PLEASE ditch the run-flats and make a well for a small temporary tire. Also, if BMW knew it had a design issue with the engine, WHY wouldn't they fix it and ensure that no one is paying out of pocket? This is why I didn't buy another Nissan Maxima. It leaves a bitter taste in one's mouth.

Glad I bought it
By James

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 325i as credit union repo. We got it well under what dealers where asking for the same car. It's a blast to drive and fuel economy is good. The drawbacks are the run flat tires they are very noisy and ride rough. I put new tires on it (non run flat) and made a world of difference in handling and ride noise. yes the cup holders are a bit quirky. Overall a great purchase.

Style and comfort

Get rid of the run flat tires they are no good. Better cup holders

Still the best but has lost something.
By allan adderley

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd 330i after a 2001 and 2002. Like the others this car had the Sports & Premium packages. Extra CPO warranty and bought tire & wheel insurance. Got an automatic after having 5 speeds because of my wife and regretted it immediately. New automatics are better but still don't have that "connected" feel of a manual. The handling is even better than previous models but didn't feel as fun to drive somehow. The car has definitely gotten bigger and heavier and you feel it. Some systems have almost gotten too complicated. Would have probably kept the car if it had a manual transmission but sold it at 38,000 miles. Now thinking about getting a 135i but the styling puts me off.

Incredibly smooth, powerful, and fuel efficient motor (how do they do it?). Very tight and neutral handling, awesome brakes as usual, tight turning radius, xenon headlights, bluetooth package, comfort access option (keep the key in your pocket), great styling except for back end, and build quality.

Make room for a spare tire for option to ditch the run-flats! It doesn't make sense that this is a bigger car and now doesn't have room for a spare tire! Put the cruise control back on the steering wheel. The new "joystick" is confusing and unnecessary. Make radio controls bigger and simpler.

Ultimate Drive
By ULTDRIV

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a fully loaded 330xi with the sport package in 2006. It is a blast to drive! I've topped out at 130mph and it felt like normal highway speed...quiet and smooth. High speed turns and winding roads are a blast. This car loves to race and is extremely comfortable at all speeds. Yes, you will feel the road, that's why it's a sports car...that's why it is fun! If you want a softer ride, do not get the sport package. It is made to be driven and I hit 100mph+ whenever I can on an open stretch of highway. Four years of trouble free ownership thus far. Only problem was the electronic steering wheel lock which was fixed quickly under warranty. BMW is the best car I've ever owned.

Handling...this car is made for driving fast. The interior locks you in place and is extremely comfortable on long drives. The body style has been copied by many car companies, but noone can match the solid BMW lines. Perfect ergonomic setup for driver. All features easy to use. AWD performance.

Yeah the cupholders are silly, but if you are drinking, you are not driving and are wasting your time in a sportscar...get a minivan. The run flat tires are far and away the worst feature. BMW jumped in that market too early. I got 30K on mine, which is rare and they cost over $1200 to replace.