2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2006 BMW 3 series still a winner
By John on 06/20/05 15:32 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchased a 2006 BMW 3 series. The car has everything but the navigation feature. The car rides like it is on rails. When I go 100 MPH on a bumpy intersate my body is unable to up and down as fast as the 3 series so it is like a rollor coster. My 2003 G35 floated like a 1980 cadilac.The 5.1 stereo is awsome. I must say the stereo EQ was in the N shape which made the sound not that good. I change the EQ to a V setting and put the base and treble setting @ 7 and it rocks. I do not know which to listen to.. the tight whine of the 3 inline 6 going though the geers or the 5.1 stereo. The stereo ROCKS if you set it up right. It has base, treble and then an EQ setting.

First 400 miles E90
By Bimmer Fan on 06/20/05 15:23 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

E90 with manual, PP, SP, Active Steering, Sunshades, Sat Radio. Wow, this car is amazing. With the sport package, the handling is superb, predictable and sticks like glue. Surprisingly, the highway ride is still very smooth and forgiving, then again I prefer a firmer ride in general. The interior is very efficient and almost on par with Audi. The technology is stunning from the Active Steering to the Bluetooth capability to the DSC/DTC. At times, the car makes me into a better driver than I am at the limit. It exudes confidence in all aspects of driving, braking, cornering and accelerating. I truly can have a sports car experience with the convenience of a family sedan.

Best handling sedan
By David on 06/18/05 19:08 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Details: Auto + Prem Package. No Sport Package. The 3.0L engine of the 325i is very powerful and responsive. I personally it is very enough for road driving. No need to get 330i unless you are speed freak. Acceleration is very fast and linear. It feels faster than the IS300 and G35. The solid steering with DSC make driving this car fast very easy. The suspensing is firm but somehow it can smooth out the rough road when needed. Amazing. The auto transmission is very smooth with no jerking at all. The steptronic is responsing much faster than the one in IS300 and G35. I like the E90 styling as it is more modern and the head lamp has aggressive stance.

great car
By Dani on 06/18/05 00:31 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great attention to detail. Haven't found one little thing I dislike about the car yet. Fast acceleration, much roomier than older models

franks findings
By FRANKS FINDINGS on 06/15/05 12:29 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Took a week to really learn everything- I have the 330i with performance tires, seats are a little tight for my sit down and its a little bumpy with 48 lbs of air in the tires, but a real joy to drive. In sport mode it jumps to 90 in breathtaking fashion, brakes are stop now dandies with no fade at all. If you know how to get your line and move into a corner with power, its like driving a bed i.e. flat no lean at all, no nose drop on hard braking. Worth the money

The 2006 BMW rules
By John on 06/14/05 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have nothing but good things to say about my 2006 330i. After test driving it I traded in my 2003 G35. After driving the BMW my G35 felt like a tin can. The G35 was only fun to drive when I beat the hell out of it. The BMW is so sweet you do not have to beat it to enjoy the ride. I have the sport package so the ride is a little bouncy at times but is worth it as you do not even have to slow down to take corners if do not want to. If you love to dirve the BMW is for you. If you like to be driven, Japan has many options for you. Do not test drive the 3 unless you plan on getting one.

Save your money!
By Carol on 06/12/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car new 3 weeks ago. I am not satisfied at all. First, let me say that I also own a 2003 BMW 330i so I do have some BMW ownership experience. The 2006 330i is unsatisfactory, in my opinion. I've already had it back to the dealer because it is hesitating noticeable when starting from a stopped position. Of course, they said they couldn't find anything wrong. If you floor it, and then let up on the gas, the RPM's stay up for a coule of seconds even after you take your foot off the gas like the car can't figure out what to do next. It also needs a front end alignment which I noticed immediately when test driving it, but they dont' have the specs to repair that yet.

Huge Mistake!! NEVER again!!!
By Brian on 06/12/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd BMW . (I had two 325ci in the past) This car ride horrible!! Bounces all over the road! It seems to me that BMW made some short cuts on this model! They charged me 75.00 for" Satellite Prep" and the car does NOT even have the Radio! For 38,000 this car should already have a satellite radio built in. This car should also alrady have an IN DASH 6 CD changer standard! This is my LAST BMW! The style is also questionable. People think the rear end looks like a HYUNDAI!

Ultimate Driving Experience
By JRZGUY on 06/11/05 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

True to its ads this is the ultimate driving experience. The car handles effortlessly and the ride is gorgeous. The new design in up to date without becoming a space creature like so many new models on the road today. They have updated a true classic and stayed true to its roots. Well done BMW!!!

06 330 is the Best 3 ever!!!!!1
By ab on 06/06/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ever since I bought my car last month, it has been excellent. I have owned a 03 300m, 03 325i, and 04 TL. The new 330i is by far the best car I have driven!!!! I have the premium, cold, and sport packages (sport package worth the money). For car lovers, get the manual, it is more enjoyable than the automatic. The interior and exterior designs are great. For the older generation, it might be a problem, but for me (27) it is excellent. It is about time BMW updated their look to target the younger generation! I give the 06 330 3 thumbs up!!! (If I only had an extra one).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.