Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

A new fan for life....
By Erikadawn

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with 9000 miles last month after owning a jeep for 6 years. The handling is mind-blowing and the looks are head-turning. I smile every time I look at this car!!! I actually look foward to going to work because it's such a pleasure to drive. I bought a certified pre-owned which I highly recommend. They really take good care of you!

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, sports package (gives the car an entirely different look), xenon headlamps, orange lights that shine down on shifter at night.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are ugly and not very sturdy. Other than that, a perfect car.

A real stunner
By billymay

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought used '02 325Ci with 5K miles, have driven another 1K. This car lives up to the hype. Yes, there are a lot of them, guess why? I compared the BMW against the Audi A4, M- B C-class and Lexus IS. As much as I love my SLK (and kept it for the weekends!), the BMW really begs to be driven. I needed a usable back seat and comfortable highway car -- the 325Ci delivers. I'm no lead foot, and the 184hp is fine. The car's wonderful in everyday driving. I'm sure the M3 and 330Ci fly, but unless your last car was a Corvette you won't feel deprived. The coupe is stylish and scarcer than the sedan, so the "me too" factor isn't bad even here in southern Cal.

Favorite Features

One-touch moonroof/windows; steptronic; steering wheel mounted controls; wood trim makes it feel like a luxury car, but it's far more fun to drive than the M-B C-class. None of this sounds like a big deal til you drive another car without them.

Suggested Improvements

CD storage is lacking (the dealer said I could buy a case and clip it to the visor -- kinda lame...), need nighttime illumination for center vent control knob (okay I'm reaching, there's almost nothing I'd change)

Spoiled
By Sly

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my 325Ci for just over a year and I love the car. Performs great and makes those curves in the road straight. Very solid car. Driving this car has spoiled me and I can't imagine driving anyhting else. I do want more power though. 330 would be nice but can you say M3? Mmmmm. Only problems I've had with the car is the weather stripping in the door popped out and fell inside the door. Also sometimes the door locks have malfunctioned and I've been locked in the car. Have an appointment next week to get them fixed.

Favorite Features

Xenon lights and heated seats. WELL worth getting!

Suggested Improvements

At highway speeds, there is more wind noise than you would expect with this class of car. Inside the car is very turbulant with the windows down or moonroof open. I'd suggest something to reduce that and make the open air drives more peaceful.

Worth it!!!
By avenge69

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great car and worth the money. You feel great when driving it, and the quality is outstanding....

Favorite Features

Quality and looks

Suggested Improvements

I should have bought one sooner!!

Truely the Ultrimate Driving Machine!
By WakeUpAlone

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very responsive and fun to drive -- especially on the highways. The best coupe I have ever driven.

Favorite Features

Engine performance and sound, Automated wipers, the exterior/interior design!

Suggested Improvements

None!