2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
A new fan for life....
By Erikadawn on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with 9000 miles last month after owning a jeep for 6 years. The handling is mind-blowing and the looks are head-turning. I smile every time I look at this car!!! I actually look foward to going to work because it's such a pleasure to drive. I bought a certified pre-owned which I highly recommend. They really take good care of you!

A real stunner
By billymay on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought used '02 325Ci with 5K miles, have driven another 1K. This car lives up to the hype. Yes, there are a lot of them, guess why? I compared the BMW against the Audi A4, M- B C-class and Lexus IS. As much as I love my SLK (and kept it for the weekends!), the BMW really begs to be driven. I needed a usable back seat and comfortable highway car -- the 325Ci delivers. I'm no lead foot, and the 184hp is fine. The car's wonderful in everyday driving. I'm sure the M3 and 330Ci fly, but unless your last car was a Corvette you won't feel deprived. The coupe is stylish and scarcer than the sedan, so the "me too" factor isn't bad even here in southern Cal.

Spoiled
By Sly on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my 325Ci for just over a year and I love the car. Performs great and makes those curves in the road straight. Very solid car. Driving this car has spoiled me and I can't imagine driving anyhting else. I do want more power though. 330 would be nice but can you say M3? Mmmmm. Only problems I've had with the car is the weather stripping in the door popped out and fell inside the door. Also sometimes the door locks have malfunctioned and I've been locked in the car. Have an appointment next week to get them fixed.

Worth it!!!
By avenge69 on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great car and worth the money. You feel great when driving it, and the quality is outstanding....

Truely the Ultrimate Driving Machine!
By WakeUpAlone on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very responsive and fun to drive -- especially on the highways. The best coupe I have ever driven.

Completely satisfied with purchase
By Entropy on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a BMW 330ci with the common accesory groups; sunroof, leather, xenon lights, performance tires, steptronic tranmission. The car provides smooth quiet power, assured stability, prompt braking even on rain- slicked roads and a relaxing, enjoyable driving experience. In 30 years of driving, having owned 15 previous vehicles, this is by far the best overall. Dealer is highly recommended.

Proud to own this baby
By Pashem on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the true definition of sprort luxury car. It gives you driving gratification and loves to be pushed. Fully equiped with 18" M-wheels makes this car irresistible.

Buy One!
By RTubbs on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my 325ci, and couldn't be happier. I was looking for a bigger car, after driving a Z3 for the past three years, and after driving Audi's, Lexus's and Mercedes, I settled on the 325. I chose the sports package, sunroof and Xenon's. The suspension of the sports package is unbelievable, absorbs bumps wonderfully, and is by far a blast to drive. I have only had mine for 1000 miles, but I am looking forward to driving this car for years to come.

Expensive and Shoddy Build Quality
By sbcste on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Both my sister and I own a 2001 232ci and 2002 325ci respectively. Her car had a broken gas cover when delivered, after about a year the overhead liner began to fall off, the sunroof broke and the electric seat broke. When I took delivery of my car in early 2002 the a/c did not work and about six month later the doors could not be open from the inside. Where is the German quality I have read and heard so much about?

Great Drive, Few build issues
By Mike Leopando on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 330 coupe for 10 months. The drive is superb. I have owned the 2.5 and 2.8 3-series and the 3.0 is light years ahead. My only problem is small build problems. At six months both front turn signals fell out on the highway due to a broken clip. A eight months the door seal came loose and the driver door must be slammed to close. The dealer was pretty good about fixing the problems, but I can see that BMW is starting to cheapen some components. Mechanically there has never been a problem.