Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Every drive is great !!!
By Brad S

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My third BMW. Had a 1973 3.0cs,& a 1976 2002,so I am a little biased. I think the sport package is a must. Snow tires are needed where I live. It's great how entertaining the car is,never boring.

Engine , transmission , and suspension.

A aux input for my ipod.

I love my new car
By monymaxmi

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Before buying this car I was at odds with my old car and really needed a new car.

The way the car makes you feel like your driving on air.

Somewhat a gas guzzler, but then again I love driving that car!!!!!!!!

Fun To Drive, But.....
By Pro Akron

2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW and it's fun to drive and I feel very safe with the AWD and all these airbags. However, the trunk is so small that on a business trip we ended up having to put items on the backseat. The feel of the road is nice for driving but my elderly mother suffers from the bumps and potholes. Next time I will have to look for a larger, smoother riding car.

My favorite feature is the steering and handling. I live at the top of a steep curvy road, and I get a thrill daily taking those curves.

My car came with Pirelli tires- which we changed out at 8400 miles. Why they put those horrible tires on an AWD vehicle, I'll never know.

Still a car of aspiration
By kishore

2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was going to buy a Passat- my wife liked the Bimmer. Guess what happened? It still turns heads. A cardiologist we know complimented us on our choice. It drives like the premium car it is. The exterior and interior appearance and finish are great (of course), the in-line six is sweet, responsive and torquey, and the steering, handling, suspension and brakes are outstanding. A full roster of luxury amenities are available. Back seat and trunk space are adequate, not generous. Fuel economy is decent. Sticker shock gave way to a warm glow. Isn't that what a car of aspiration should do?

Safety- All wheel drive, stability and traction control, ABS, xenon lights, air-bags galore. Solid fit and finish. Not a rattle anywhere no matter where you go. Ride, handling, steering, brakes all top notch.

BMW needs to re-evaluate its styling as times change. I would work on the rear end rather than the perfectly proportioned front. Rear view cameras should be offered soon. The 2.5-liter- six is great but a little more grunt and oomph is always welcome.

Ultimate Driving Machine
By SaGee

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car to drive, a lot of speed for little horsepower, excellent quality. Easily the best car in its class!

Style and Power.

More Power! The more the better, can never get enough.