Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

A real stunner
By billymay

2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought used '02 325Ci with 5K miles, have driven another 1K. This car lives up to the hype. Yes, there are a lot of them, guess why? I compared the BMW against the Audi A4, M- B C-class and Lexus IS. As much as I love my SLK (and kept it for the weekends!), the BMW really begs to be driven. I needed a usable back seat and comfortable highway car -- the 325Ci delivers. I'm no lead foot, and the 184hp is fine. The car's wonderful in everyday driving. I'm sure the M3 and 330Ci fly, but unless your last car was a Corvette you won't feel deprived. The coupe is stylish and scarcer than the sedan, so the "me too" factor isn't bad even here in southern Cal.

One-touch moonroof/windows; steptronic; steering wheel mounted controls; wood trim makes it feel like a luxury car, but it's far more fun to drive than the M-B C-class. None of this sounds like a big deal til you drive another car without them.

CD storage is lacking (the dealer said I could buy a case and clip it to the visor -- kinda lame...), need nighttime illumination for center vent control knob (okay I'm reaching, there's almost nothing I'd change)

BMW 330 convertible
By jack.richardson

2002 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great well built car that is fun to drive. The quaility and the performance is fantastic.

automatic top

none

Every drive is great !!!
By Brad S

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My third BMW. Had a 1973 3.0cs,& a 1976 2002,so I am a little biased. I think the sport package is a must. Snow tires are needed where I live. It's great how entertaining the car is,never boring.

Engine , transmission , and suspension.

A aux input for my ipod.

I love my new car
By monymaxmi

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Before buying this car I was at odds with my old car and really needed a new car.

The way the car makes you feel like your driving on air.

Somewhat a gas guzzler, but then again I love driving that car!!!!!!!!

Fun To Drive, But.....
By Pro Akron

2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW and it's fun to drive and I feel very safe with the AWD and all these airbags. However, the trunk is so small that on a business trip we ended up having to put items on the backseat. The feel of the road is nice for driving but my elderly mother suffers from the bumps and potholes. Next time I will have to look for a larger, smoother riding car.

My favorite feature is the steering and handling. I live at the top of a steep curvy road, and I get a thrill daily taking those curves.

My car came with Pirelli tires- which we changed out at 8400 miles. Why they put those horrible tires on an AWD vehicle, I'll never know.

• SUV