2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun and Stylish
By Hughes on 04/08/07 19:43 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car because my Honda Accord lacked fun and perfomance. Looked at a BMW Z3 but wasn't willing to go from a sedan to no storage at all. This was the perfect compromise. Surprisingly has a decent size backseat and backseat leg room for a coupe.

BMW 325ci
By JACEK on 12/31/05 16:19 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car on 12/3/05. The car is absolutely mint with sports package and clear euro lenses plus 5- speed manual. It has 42,000 miles on the speedometer. This beemer is absolutely great. The styling in and out, brakes, cornering. I love to take it on serpentine roads and zoom thru the turns. Acceleration seems to be sluggish a little bit from 0-60, However when you reach 60 forward it feels like a bullet. The maintenance can be vey expensive. After 3 weeks of ownership and hard usage of brakes. My brake light came on. I went to the local dealership and was told I need to wait 2.5 months for the first spot cost ($600).I did job myself for $120.

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED
By Matt on 12/11/05 21:25 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Absolutely the best car I've ever owned. Could tell the second I started the test drive. My first road trip summarizes it all. 1200 Miles from LA to Lake Tahoe and Back. 4 People in the car, full trunk, AC on, many 100+mph sprints, two over 120, 130 top speed, and two passengers SOUND ASLEEP AT 130MPH!! Up to well over 7000 ft on the Climb up to the summit, driving around for a week at altitude in city driving conditions. Round trip gas mileage 28.6 MPG!!! AMAZING AUTOMOBILE, the quintessential BMW, 2.5L inline six + manual transmission + two door coupe= BMW!! Definitely the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!

Amazing Car
By G on 08/23/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 325ci is everything you could want in a sporty coupe. It's unbelievably responsive and the power is smooth and evenly spread through the RPM's. The handling is air- tight.. you will have nothing to complain about with this car at all... I haven't tried it in the snow yet though but I don't think it should be too much of an issue.

A damn good car, but "ultimate"?
By Sean on 06/22/05 16:10 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

BMW prides themselves as the ultimate driving machine, and while this may be true in comparison to some cars on the market, I can certainly say that i've driven plenty of cheaper and more thrilling cars on the market, my wife's 2004 Honda S2000 being one of them. Overall this car has been great outside one annoying problem, the driver's side door handle. Twice since I've had it now it has broken to where the door could only be opened from the inside (thank god for auto down windows on the remote). Other than that little issue, this car is both a joy and pleasure to drive. Coming from a former Acura CL Type-S owner, I will say that this car performs just as well, without the tranny woes

Fun to Drive
By GregG on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great overall car. Superb performance and comfort with timeless styling. Mechanically trouble-free, minor fit and finish item with interior door seal.

The only car for me
By globetrotter on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the only car I want so I will skip the laurels and talk about the downside. I bought the 2 yr old with a recent inspection through a broker and saved $10000 over a new one. The next week the service engine soon light came on, the dealer replaced parts under warrentee but said I needed new belts and a break flush for $250. The next day the battery died and the car was towed back to the dealer for replacement. The next week the headliners came off and back to the dealer. BMW service is a zoo, sooo many cars all the time. But this car hits all the right buttons for me!

Still the Benchmark Performance Marque
By KTA on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd BMW, the other a 7 series. This 325Ci has the same "connected" road feel and precise permormance characteristics elevated to a higher degree.The controls have a firm, positive feel andeverything is always in control, smooth and stable at any speed. The "performance package" offers great seats, but my only complaint is that they are annoying to adjust manually...switching drivers takes some setting up time.

Awesome Car
By Spiffy on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been the best vehicle I have ever purchased. I have had only one problem with this vehicle since purchase and that was with the moon roof. It was quickly repaired by the dealer under warranty. If you want a car with room for four, it gets looks when I drive down the street (even after two years), great power (at least in my opinion) and if you love to drive twisty back roads, this car is for you. I have had this car driving through the deserts of Utah and the Rockies of Colorado and it performed flawlessly.

My First Bimmer
By latina&herbimmer on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I LOVE THIS CAR! I have been an avid SUV driver for years, until I test drove this car! My 325cI is fully loaded. The only option left to add was a coffee maker! Being in the miltary I drive around a lot on the installation. My 3 makes me wish I worked more than what I actually do! I have put more miles on it than anticipated, but the car is addictive. I will never go back to an SUV again.