Used 2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun and Stylish
By Hughes

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car because my Honda Accord lacked fun and perfomance. Looked at a BMW Z3 but wasn't willing to go from a sedan to no storage at all. This was the perfect compromise. Surprisingly has a decent size backseat and backseat leg room for a coupe.

Favorite Features

On steering wheel radio controls, and sports automatic transmission.

Suggested Improvements

More storage for CDs, etc.

BMW 325ci
By JACEK

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car on 12/3/05. The car is absolutely mint with sports package and clear euro lenses plus 5- speed manual. It has 42,000 miles on the speedometer. This beemer is absolutely great. The styling in and out, brakes, cornering. I love to take it on serpentine roads and zoom thru the turns. Acceleration seems to be sluggish a little bit from 0-60, However when you reach 60 forward it feels like a bullet. The maintenance can be vey expensive. After 3 weeks of ownership and hard usage of brakes. My brake light came on. I went to the local dealership and was told I need to wait 2.5 months for the first spot cost ($600).I did job myself for $120.

Favorite Features

DSC - Dynamic Stability Control, Silver trim, 17-inch wheels with the low profile tires (sports package). Euro-lenses (you need to get these).

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage should be slightly better for only 184 horses.

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED
By Matt

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Absolutely the best car I've ever owned. Could tell the second I started the test drive. My first road trip summarizes it all. 1200 Miles from LA to Lake Tahoe and Back. 4 People in the car, full trunk, AC on, many 100+mph sprints, two over 120, 130 top speed, and two passengers SOUND ASLEEP AT 130MPH!! Up to well over 7000 ft on the Climb up to the summit, driving around for a week at altitude in city driving conditions. Round trip gas mileage 28.6 MPG!!! AMAZING AUTOMOBILE, the quintessential BMW, 2.5L inline six + manual transmission + two door coupe= BMW!! Definitely the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!

Favorite Features

Two passengers sound asleep at 130MPH!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Just a little bit more power please :)

Amazing Car
By G

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 325ci is everything you could want in a sporty coupe. It's unbelievably responsive and the power is smooth and evenly spread through the RPM's. The handling is air- tight.. you will have nothing to complain about with this car at all... I haven't tried it in the snow yet though but I don't think it should be too much of an issue.

Favorite Features

Handling, Cockpit, Acceleration, Comfort... this car has it all...

A damn good car, but "ultimate"?
By Sean

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

BMW prides themselves as the ultimate driving machine, and while this may be true in comparison to some cars on the market, I can certainly say that i've driven plenty of cheaper and more thrilling cars on the market, my wife's 2004 Honda S2000 being one of them. Overall this car has been great outside one annoying problem, the driver's side door handle. Twice since I've had it now it has broken to where the door could only be opened from the inside (thank god for auto down windows on the remote). Other than that little issue, this car is both a joy and pleasure to drive. Coming from a former Acura CL Type-S owner, I will say that this car performs just as well, without the tranny woes

Favorite Features

Handling by far. Car is incredibly nimble and seems to really hug the road to a point where I almost find most curvey mountain roads a test of my ability to resist breaking the law. The HID headlights and exterior styling are a close second, followed by the sport package option which is a must.

Suggested Improvements

Standard power seats would be nice, though the manual seats I have are quicker to adjust. I would have liked to see a little more torque, since this car seems to fall on its face on hills and steep roads. I also think this car needs better cup holders, one is useless under the armrest.