Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

5.5 years ok to review now
By cj

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

purchased with 15k miles on her. First of all dealer maintenance is costly. I have learned to do a lot of diy jobs and that makes the cost of ownership reasonable. handles great and engine smooth as silk. the car has never let me down but i do all the recommended service. gas mileage on the highway gets me 30-31mpg.Many of these e46 models on the market now are worth more than they are selling for. bmws just do not hold there value well these days. My car runs as well as the day i purchased it and nothing leaks and for a 9 year old car with 125k i am happy. I gave reliability an 8 and not higher because i do a lot of preventative maintenance.

smooth engine. glued to the road. classy sporty look.

well today i would ask for some more hp. sad that my wife's 2010 rav4(6 cylinder) is just as quick if not quicker.

Had it for 10 years and 150K miles later
By Beamer family

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

and still drives great! We bought our BMW 10 years ago at 40K miles from a friend. Since we have owned it, we have been in a couple of fender benders, got paint splashed on it, and now the power windows are going out but the original transmission still drives like the first day we bought it and very strong! You feel the difference in a BMW vs. say a Lexus or any other Japanese car! It hugs the road and you are total control of your car. We're expecting to get another 50K miles on it and plan to hand it down to our son then we are upgrading to a 330 convertible.

Everything

none

Love This Car
By Jeff

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 330i for 10 years and dread the day I have to give it up. I've had some minor problems, but over 6 years out of warranty I've spent less than $1,000 on repairs and maintenance. User forums have saved me considerably, e.g., found good replacement battery for $75 at Autozone; repaired runaway blower motor by replacing a resister; replaced brake pads and preserved wear sensors. The real joy is in the ride; great handling and a feel for the road you just don't find in other cars. I test drove this car down a winding road and was sold at the first hard turn and lost all my bargaining leverage when I gave a little moan of pleasure(the dealer knew what he was doing).

Handling is unbelievable. Mileage is good,sometimes exceeds 30 mpg on highway. Ride is smooth with the right tires (General Exclaims). Leather is just showing some wear on the piping after 102,000 miles. The dynamic stability control makes it difficult to even force a spin in snowy conditions.

Windshield must be soft glass and I was considering replacing because of all the minuscule chips that reduced vision when looking into the sun. Fortunately, I was hit by a rock and had to replace the window. Wheel well liner is too easily damaged by heavy snow and ice (but easily replaced).

Good Reliable Car
By mzurada

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I really enjoy my BMW. The coupe is one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars to look at and I wouldn't change a thing when it comes to styling. The sports seats are firm and fantastically comfortable -- my back gets really sore from bad car seats and these are good enough to drive 12 hours a day. My car has a sports suspension which gives it superb handling but the automatic transmission makes my 325 a little underpowered so if you are into speed get the stick. The fuel economy in mixed city/highway driving is only about 22 mpg which is probably average for a car of this age with this type of performance characteristics.

Seats, handling, looks

No major gripes but the fake wood looks out of place and the automatic transmission can be sluggish if not pushed.

2001 BMW 3 Series
By SaLiMoS

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my BMW 1 week ago and i am loving it, well it's fun Driving it and it's very comfortable and Powerful. All what i did to the car after purchasing it is changing Filters and Engine Oil, which is a normal service check after buying a used car.

* Sound of the Engine * Interior Design