Not worth the hype..
By bala_71 on
2011 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
First of all, I am surprised that why I am alone in finding lots of minute problems with this SUV. Are people insanely happy about owning a poorly designed SUV? These are not 20K Civics. Having said that, I am not going to argue that this should drive like a Ferrari or Aston Martin. But come on! With in the last 11 months, I had to visit the dealer for vibration issues many times. One issue they fixed by adjusting the suspension system. But now I have a vibration in steering wheel at above 70 mph. The dealer convinced me that that's how these cars drive. I think its due to the factory installed tires. But they won't accept it! I now have a vibration coming from the roof-top too!
Favorite Features
Looks like an upscale SUV. That's about it. If someone says the navigation is the best, they better check their mental health! Its below average in routing and options. Every other luxury SUVs have key-less ignition start, etc, etc...the simulated wooden trim can get scratched just like that! This SUV is for uninformed customers who are happy that they are driving an SUV!
Suggested Improvements
Its hard to maintain a straight track. Taking slight turns makes it go wee bit out of track. Constant noise issues from a 45K car? Someone recommended me to go for road force wheel balancing. Yet to try that for the steering wheel vibration. But, not happy at all for the price I paid.
By student4life
on 01/17/13 07:07 AM (PST)

People are not insane just because they have differenty opinions than you do, everyone looks for different things in a vehicle, and some people are not concerned with things you consider issues. The vibration above 70 mph though, dont let the dealership "convince" you that its normal, that alone could be causing everything else to rattle and over time drive you crazy. Acura is Honda, like Lexus is Toyota, so to expect huge upgrades in interior build quality is unrealistic especially when you can have a Honda Pilot for $10,000 less, in the end Acura is just a Honda. But I would take it back to Acura and dont take no for an answer until they fix the vibration issue. Good Luck.