2005 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Early Review

2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Early Review
By dsp888 on

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Only a month old but a great first impression. I was afraid going to a 6 from a Jeep V8 but this MDX has plenty to torque in all ranges yet cruises at 1500 to 2000 RPM. Easy to drive with great handling and fantastic brakes. Sits a little highter than I am used to, and is larger overall - but the interior room is enormous and the rear camera on the Touring is to die for. While test driving I really spanked it in an empty parking lot and was impressed with the total stability. Lets see what the future brings.

Navigation really good. XM radio so cool. Voice recognition system really works. Rear camera is a big benefit. Giant cargo space. Performance which belies a 6 cyl but with 6 cyl mileage - 21mpg overall.

Steering wheel adjustments are not enough to be effective, should be power for easiest adjustment. Must click the accept screen for navigation EVERY time you restart the vehicle. Personally I dislike the faux wood trim (but there is not much) I do not like the position of the front cupholders