2005 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
2005 MDX Review
By 2005 MDX on 07/05/08 14:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the original style MDX because I just knew the new model wouldn't be as nice. I have never been so happy with a car in my life. It's a wonderful highway cruiser and up in the rockies, it just handles the whoop di doos very solidly, no floating around, just well composed ride. Mileage is 21 highway average at 75 mph and around town 13 (100% stop & go). I got the touring model with nav & the tow package. The AWD works wonderfully. I took it out in the desert near Moabe, Utah and it will go down creeks & up sand banks with ease. In snow it's a joy, give a lot of confidence in any type of bad weather. Reliability has been excellent with only the nav being replaced, have 75K miles

Love This Car!
By Joanne on 06/19/08 07:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in February of 2005. Haven't had one problem with it since! Very reliable and very luxurious. Was coming from a 1998 Toyota Camry LE. Compared it to the Lexus RX 330. While the Lexus was nice, it couldn't fit 3 people across the third row comfortably. But my Acura can. The Bose stereo in my MDX simply superb and this car handles so nicely. The nav system is also extremely easy to use. Like the V6 and the AWD. I also like the visibility that comes with being higher off the ground. Will never buy anything other than an Acura. Unfortunately the gas mileage is around 12 MPG. I do mostly city driving but I was expecting more like 16 from a mid-size SUV with just a V6.

Kumho Tires Transform the MDX
By nIKKIMACH on 04/26/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Michelins lasted 50,000 miles; at that point, I was thinking of trading the car. Too much road noise, and a jarring ride. Then I put on Kumhos and my MDX was transformed. The road noise I disliked was cut in half, the handling got sharper and the ride improved enormously. Replacing the windshield, which we have to do every few years because of grit on the highways in winter, costs a cool thousand bucks. I like the auto wipers, but it would be $500 bucks cheaper without them.

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Love It! on 03/22/08 15:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Reliable, smooth drive, great pick-up when needed. All I do is change the oil and rotate the tires. I'm following the maintenance program and I bet this vehicle will last forever!

This Car Rocks!!
By Jack Mark on 03/16/08 20:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My MDX is so smooth and the bluetooth works very good. I love the looks! I pretty much love everything about this car!

Great Car
By Brocktune on 01/01/08 15:38 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car new in March 05 and have loved every minute of it. My only regret was not talking the wife into getting the Navi. Test drove all the competitors, but the MDX blew them all away. I love the car-like handling. The bluetooth can have trouble picking up my voice when the air or heater is on. It has led to some frustrating exchange (me--"dial 911" MDX--"now calling 753." Also, there is a sloshing sound from the gas tank. I took it back to the dealier shortly after purchase, but there was nothing they could do about it. Eventually, I just got used to it, and I no longer notice it.

Solid overall, room for improvement
By txguy on 09/03/07 23:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got it with the nav and RES options. The RES is a must if you have kids. Ride is still smooth after 2 years and 35K miles. Averaged 24.8 MPG at steady 70 mph on last freeway trip with wife, 2 kids and cargo. Still love the MDX and we've had zero issues with the car. I use the Bluetooth often to talk hands-free and the Bose stereo sounds great. Only things I should have gotten up front were a cargo net for the back and running boards to help boost the little kids (under 4) and great-grandma.

A great all-purpose SUV
By JCPHX on 07/25/07 18:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Extremely comfortable, quiet ride with excellent performance. I purchased with all the bells and whistles, including DVD with rear speaker control - perfect for long trips with kids. Also, with two rows of seats that fold down, easily converts to a good SUV for hauling stuff. Bluetooth for the mobile phone is now a must-have. The voice-activated nav system seemed cool at first, but it was the one thing that didn't always perform perfectly. Still, this is my first Acura and the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Most Outstanding Vehicle!!
By Carole Matter on 12/19/06 17:30 PM (PST)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a lot of nice vehicles, but the Acura MDX is my favorite vehicle I've ever had! It does everything well. I have the navigation system on mine, which I personally would never want to be without again. Acura has the best one out there, in my opinion. I test drove a lot of cars and SUVs before I bought this one, and nothing compared. I have had 7 people in my car for a sightseeing trip, and it was wonderful. I also have had the challenge and fun of driving my MDX through blizzard conditions and on snow-packed, icy steep hills in Pittsburgh, PA, and I went down a very very steep hill in AWD and never even slid. The vehicle in front of me had gone down the hill sideways!

Great SUV - Excellent value
By krc on 08/01/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 18 months, I can't find anything not to like about my MDX. This is my first Acura and second SUV. I am a finicky consumer and researched all luxury models prior to buying - it paid off! For the money, this is by far the best SUV in its class. Gas mileage was better than anticipated. And, it has the highest safety/crash test ratings. Quality, comfort, and value...I love it!