2004 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
MDX
By LV2LEND on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX!! This is my 3rd Acura and I love everything about this car. before purchasing this model, my husband was pushing for the Lexus GX. This car has so many wonderful features, that the Lexus couldn't compete and the price was right!!

Gerry 1
By brnpoodle on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the MDX to Loas Angeles a week after purchase. Mileage was 24 mpg, over rated amount. Performance was much better than my previous SUV. Actually recieved higher mileage than any tank in prior SUV and longer range than prior vehicle.

Great Car and truck
By reineerbrad on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very car-like ride. This SUV is a fun to drive alternative for us fathers that need to drive a mini-van but don't want to be seen in one; then you have AWD to boot! Once inside you forget you are driving a large vehicle and you feel like you can disolve the road ahead with it's handling and comfort. Great curves, handling, room, with a shape to match. Even has pleanty of room for our large dog.

Good looking workhorse
By flm on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Solid, ruggedly attractive, inspires confidence.

Stable, reliable, multi-functional
By twriter on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove other SUVs and understood why so many tip over. Probably because it's on the Honda Odessy frame (lower, wider track), The MDX feels solid and corners without the sense that you are going to tip over. Excellent 0-60 acceleration - but you will stop showing off when you have to put gas in it. So-so mileage around town - excellent highway mileage. Very good 'visibility'. Good multi-function usability - whether going to the theater, taking the dogs to the vet, or loading up at Home Depot - it is flexible. I was worried because I was going up from an Integra - with lots of handling and performance - but I have not been disappointed.

Acura MDX Rules the Road
By simsix on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

An absolute gem! A pleasure in every sense of the word. Dependable, very comfortable, fantastic in every way. We had a 32 inch blizzard..... it performed flawlessly. Never got stuck and I was out for hours just playing in the drifts and unplowed parking lots and roads. I have owned 3 full size American 4 wheel drives (Dodge Ramchargers, just like Chevy Blazer or Ford Bronco). This performed just about as well.

2004 MDX
By wine4et on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love the car. We looked at the RX 330 - too small, Tahoe - too big, Infiniti FX too small, and highlander too small. The Pilot is comparable in many ways but too plain inside and no sunroof. This car has great power, and comfort. We have had for 4 months and have 7000 miles. No regrets.

As good as it gets
By Laura Mae on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have put 1200 miles on this car, including a 550 mile trip. Highway mileage was 23, in town about 16-17. Solid, good ride, excellent nav system. Seat bottom is firmer than I like but not bad. The ride and handling are very good. The engine is very strong and quiet. Rear camera is great when backing up. Sufficient storage for odds and ends. Dash lights are very nice but interior could be a bit more luxurious for the money. Don't need running boards to get in/out easily. This is my first SUV. I was seriously considering a Lincoln Aviator because of the huge discounts but decided on the Acura because of the better mileage excellent quality and resale value.

MDX is Great!!!!!!
By Mommys Ride on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

My MDX is great! I upgraded from an Acura TL which was also fabulous. The only complaint I have with this vehicle is the braking system. The brakes always seem worn out. I have had them adjusted and tightened several times but still no better. I was told by Acura that this is an ongoing problem for this vehicle and that they are aware of it and trying to come up with a solution. (They dont tell you this at the dealership when shopping for a vehicle) Besides that I love the car. Gas mileage could be a little better only getting 22 highway 16 city. Definately a good buy for the money. Will never switch from Acura!

Best Auto I have ever owned
By Carla M on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Acura MDX Touring AWD 4dr SUV w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy not only the ride and comfort but I love the navigation system and the back up camera. I feel safe and comfortable. I sell real estate and even my customers comment on how nice it looks and feels. The back seats sit up or recline for more comfort. therefore, comfort is enjoyed by all my passengers, not just the front seat one. The visibility is very good as well making it safer to drive. I drove from California to Washington with four adults and everyone enjoyed the car. The Navigation system is awesome. Thank you Acura. Good Job