Used 1991 Acura Integra GS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Acura Integra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Integra model:

Excellent car! Excellent deal! Best $1000 I ever spent!
By domcuch94

1991 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car for $1000 off of a girl who lived down the road from me. Had 126K when I bought it, has 145K now and has been ultra reliable! Outside of normal maintenance like brakes, rotors, calipers, tires, exhaust, hatch supports, and oil changes. This thing has been fantastic! Only let me down once when the alternator went and I was stuck on the side of the highway. I had to get that replaced. But since then, has not left me stranded and it takes me everywhere so that's why I gave it a 5 for reliability. Very awesome car. Doesn't burn any oil, runs great, and hardly any rust on it! Will drive this car until the doors fall off!!

Favorite Features

Working sunroof, A/C, heat, defrosters, automatic transmission, windows, etc. Love driving it around. I love the hatch because I can fold the seats down and put my band gear in it. I love the fact that I got working hatch supports in it because I hated having to hold up the hatch with vise grips that could give out at any time! I love the engine in it! doesn't make any knocking noises, no shaking, and it sounds gooood!

Suggested Improvements

High beams aren't the greatest. Wish it had good cup holders in it but I have aftermarket ones that hang out of the glove box and they work fine. It has little quirks about it.. If I put it into park it wont show the "P" symbol lit up on the instrument cluster so I guess its not locking into park? Its not a big deal it only happens when its really cold out and to fix it I just jiggle the shifting knob around until the "P" symbol shows up because if it doesn't show up, I can't turn the car off all the way. Im sure its something stupid that can be fixed. It is loud on the highway but every Honda I've driven in has some highway noise so I really could care less lol

Precision Crafted Performance
By golfdino

1991 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

If all cars could have Acura quality - then it would be a perfect world. I drove this car new - 120K miles. Never any major issues. Great gas mileage, perfomance, handling, utility with the hatchback. AC might stink with mold issues - so you need to keep it on all the time. Added a Dinan chip for more power and installed a Sony Headunit with CD changer. Timing belt needs to be changed at 60K miles to ensure nothing breaksdown. Great manual transmission - great car.

Favorite Features

Interior Handling Stick Fog Lights Sun - Roof Hatchback Spoiler

Suggested Improvements

Bigger wheels More power Air Bag

Great Car
By John

1991 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought my GS used about 2 years ago, and it now has 219K miles on it. It's extremely fun to drive, has plenty of cargo space, and it is probably the best car I've owned. I did have to replace the clutch last year, but the previous owner Autocrossed it, so that probably contributed to its demise. I also had to replace the harmonic balancer and will be replacing the idle air control valve, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with it. Over time, I plan on upgrading more parts on it, it already has upgraded springs, shocks, exhaust, wheels, and tires for racing.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, great fuel mileage, extremely well made, very durable and super reliable. This car made me a Honda/Acura car guy for life. Tons of features for a '91 too.

Suggested Improvements

Needs cupholders, but the space between the hand brake and seats will hold most cups well enough. Trunk could have been better designed for the cover over the spare, anything in the trunk slides around since the carpet is poorly anchored and the plastic wheel cover is flimsy.

I love this car!
By The Jamster

1991 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

I love this car! I bought one when I was 16 and ended up trading it for a CRX, but couldn't stay away. I'm 23 now and traded that same CRX for another Integra!

Favorite Features

Overall I love the car, I have all power options and even working A/C! I think overall it's set up very nicely.

Suggested Improvements

An armrest!

225,000 & Still Kicking
By salb222

1991 Acura Integra GS 2dr Hatchback

This car is awesome. I've been the only owner for 13-plus years and I still get 27 MPG!! From fit and finish to exterior design to overall quality, this car lives up to its name-- Integrity. Best car I've ever owned. ABS lines were the only things outside of normal maintenance (e.g., clutch, timing belt, reg oil changes) that had to be replaced. Worth every penny and still runs like the day I bought it. Would have loved more power and a delayed-switch rear wiper, but other than that, can't complain.

Favorite Features

Styling. Quality. Fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights (very bad on low beam). Power. Long-haul comfort.