Used 2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Worth my money
By luvmybug

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle as a Certified VW. This vehicle has been excellent, well worth my money and time. Jump in and drive. Love the Sunroof, the power and the fuel economy. This automatic produces nearly 28 MPG highway and 24 MPG City. Handles well and gets out it own way. Highly recommended.....

Handling

A C could be colder

Volkswagen should be ashamed of themselves
By IhateVW

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased the car of my dreams an aqua blue Beetle convertible, little did I know, my dreams would turn into a nightmare. Since purchasing this car last year it has been in the shop 12 times. I did not have it in for minor repairs these were all MAJOR! New transmission, new computer system, the top broke 2 times, the heating and cooling system failed 3 times and the car overheated twice. This car a piece of junk and I would not recommend it to ANYBODY. When Volkswagen was contacted regarding these issues, I basically got a so what tough luck response. SHAME ON VOLKSWAGEN.

The car is darling.

STOP making cars that are nothing but garbage, I should've listened to other consumers when they said Volkswagen stands behind NOTHING!

Never Again
By Cory

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This lease has become the bane of my existence. The car has broken down five times in two years (and that's not counting the small problems when I could still drive it). Bad enough it keeps breaking, but VW does NOTHING to stand behind their product. The transmission leaked when I drove it off the lot. No loaner cars, no concern for my safety. They kept telling me that they valued me as a customer, but what they value is my money.

Surprisingly roomy trunk

Either make cars that actually work, or stand behind your product.

Goodbuy and Good Riddance
By Daffodil

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is a darling car if you never have to actually go anywhere. Oh how I wish I had read these reviews before buying. It is cute; it gets good mileage. Mine had a sunroof, good stereo, heated leather seats, and a nice little growl in the engine. It was a commuting dream car but what is the point of all that cuteness and fun if it is in the shop all the time? I still sigh when I see them on the road, but I pat the dash of my trusty Toyota and keep going.

Stereo with aux port, sun roof, heated seats.

Electrical system is terrible. This is a chick car and I don't want to be stranded on the side of the road ever again.

good gas mileage Fun, Cute Bug ; )
By Tiff7575

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought a pre owned VW beetle PZEV Auto, I love the car so far I have only had it two weeks bought it at 37,510 miles one owner lease Great gas mileage about 32/35 on the FWY. So great with gas prices at $4.20 Very clean car beige on beige Leather with all of the upgrades. Cute, fun to drive with get up and go I bought the Beetle over the Jetta just because I thought it was a cuter car more my style And not as common as the Jetta is in CA. Overall great car and I will recommend it to anyone. Also next time I buy from VW I hope to get the Eros or VW beetle convertible.

The sun roof, monsoon stereo

Cup holders and arm rest