2017 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road Access Cab
By Michael Linder

2017 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off Road 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 25,000 miles on this vehicle ranging from off road, around town and highway driving including trips through the mountains. This truck is very comfortable for long trips. It’s easy to steer and park! The utility of it is great! I use everything on it. The 6 foot bed is useful to haul everything that I have put in it. It’s lower height makes lifting things in and out of the bed a breeze. It’s narrower than a standard half ton truck so it’s easy to get down narrow dirt roads without scratching up your truck. It’s built tough to last! Go buy one now!

New is not better!
By Joseph Coates

2017 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR5 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

be sure that you know the changes for the new style. the console glovebox is now useless because it is too far back. the truck is WAY to high. the bed is way to high. wish I had my 2012 back...………...I DO NOT LIKE THIS TRUCK AT ALL.

Nothing Gets More Manly...
By Christopher

2017 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

"Rowing through the gears (Stick Shift) with a bed behind you and 4WD frame beneath you, it does not get more manly than that."

Can’t beat a Toyota
By Mike

2017 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4dr Access Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It’s everything you need in a truck, love the sport model

What a dog...
By Leonard Donaldson

I am a 60 year old man. I have bought and owned 5 Tacomas in my life time. Never any problems with the ones I owned previously until now. I traded in a 2006 Tacoma Extended Cab for a new 2017 Toyota Extended Cab with the 3.5 L Atkinson motor and 6 speed automatic transmission. Something is terribly wrong with this truck. It feels like I am towing something all the time and the gas mileage is horrible. Going into a head wind or up a incline in the road causes the motor to down shift constantly. I drive this truck about 75% of the time on interstate I135 to my job which is a 41 mile round trip. We have our fair share of wind here in Kansas so I usually catch having to drive into the wind going to work or home. Driving into the wind with the cruse control on is disturbing to me. The truck is constantly down shifting and seems under powered or geared too high. I never run the truck hard and always drive the 75mph speed limit but my gas mileage on the interstate has been as low as 11.8 mpg on windy days to 16.7mpg on normal days, a big difference in the 23mpg listed on the window sticker for highway mpg. Yep! this ones a real dog. I don't know what the final outcome will be with this truck but I do regret that I bought it. NOT AS ADVERTISED... I have been a Toyota man since 1985, never any disappointment in the vehicles I have owned before now. I hope they can fix it or make it right soon. This is not what a Toyota Tacoma should be like. I have always bought them for their performance, durability, longevity, and trade in value. Toyota should be ashamed!!!