Used 2016 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

90's Basic for Luxury price
By Essa Bercaw

2016 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I have only had the car for three weeks. It has everything that I wanted in a SUV, 4-wheel drive, all 7 passenger seats can fit adults, and it does not feel like I am driving a bus. (Like the Chevy Suburban) I however feel like I am paying for the 4-wheel drive, as my previous vehicle – a 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan, had more bells and whistles for technology, than this 2016 Sequoia.

5 years behind the curve
By Gary

2016 Toyota Sequoia Platinum FFV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

First of all there is no engine choice. Ford Eco Boost and BMW x5 turbo charged engines get twice the gas milage. I get 10-12 MPG and drive from gas station to gas station. Toyota lags behind in safety technology compared to other models of the same year. Many Toyotas don't come with Blind Spot monitor, collision avoidance, GPS systems that you can see. I had to get the Platinum Series to get all the safety features and AC seats but lost a second row seats. There is no option for a second row bench. The Platinum is now a 7 passenger vehicle, not 8 as advertised. The lease program for toyotas are way too expensive. The same class of vehicle in Lexus or Mercedes is $400 a month cheaper. The Navigation system is the worst of any, repeat any car out there. Its located 6 inches to the right of center closer to the passenger than the driver. Its not inset so the Florida sun glare makes it impossible to read. When you can read it the print is too small and leaning over to the right to use the touch pad or see the back up camera is unsafe. I repeat, its unsafe to use. The voice controls are useless as it takes 3-5 tries to get it to understand. I gave up and put my garmin between the steering where I can see it. I cant wait to get rid of this car.

TOYOTA BEST SUV
By pbroach1964@yahoo.com

2016 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I Have been looking for SUV -love Toyota vehicles - traded in a 2011 Avalon for the 2016 sequoia limited - it has the blind spot monitoring which I really liked . I wish it had push start don't understand why Toyota hasn't updated this vehicle . I really love it , very comfortable ride , good visibility , you won't be sorry if you buy this SUV . The gas mileage for this size vehicle is not bad at all . I also looked at Toyota 4 runner but compared to size and price the sequoia was a better deal and 4 runner doesn't offer blind spot monitor and there are a few blind spots in this vehicle . I'm very happy with my decision to get the sequoia .Go Drive one today you won't be sorry .

Love my suv!!!!
By Patricia broach

2016 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best suv I have ever driven , despite poor gas mileage the comfort ,size and handling and great ease of navgation system outweigh mileage .take it for a test drive you will fall in love as I have done !!!! You won't be sorry if you purchase this sequioa limited

Love the Dependability of Ride, BUT NOT the Brakes
By G. R. Ferris

2016 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This model is in serious need of updating. The style is old & outdated. We were going to potentially purchase a new, Platinum model, but we don't want the old style/look. If Toyota doesn't produce a serious update , we'll probably purchase some other SUV. Biggest complaint: The brakes. We have constantly had to replace the pads and rotors all TOO often. Corporate office doesn't seem to care about the issue. They need to use vented rotors, to reduce the heat build up. But, thats expensive too. We've driven across the country a few times and this vehicle has been VERY reliable. The navigation system is in desperate need of updating. Its way behind the times. Radio reception is horrible, compared to our Lexus.