Used 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Highlander Hybrid model:

poor milage
By davida21_77

2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this suv in this past feb, I went to a family function 300 miles away and I noticed under a full tank the max range was 300 while the small computer to the rt said avg mpg was 29-30 so about 520 cruise range...yet I only got 300 going one way and fulling up and 300 comming back and fulling up. All toyota technician could say is that the inacuracy is due to driving conditions and other factor which makes no sence since this is a hybrid and not a gas model vehicle.
I am dissapointed and my next vehicle is going to be a U.S made hybrid SUV

the only thing that is good about the SUV is the apperance and how quiet it is

The milage should be inproved or they should have the ability to find out why their hybrid is not performing to their specs

If Mileage is the Major Driver
By rob222

this is the' SUV for you.
Aside from the mileage, power liftgate and keyless entry, I have made a sizable downgrade from a Lexus GX.
Comparable size, yes but here's a few other things to consider.
No dual seat memory controls, soundsystem is very average, fit and finish is not nearly as nice, steering is numb, absolutely NO offroad capability with this SUV.
Fun factor, think Ford Taurus wagon.

My wife wanted a hybrid suv in our price range and I did the best I could.
She really likes it.
The vehicle will meet the needs of most every day users and they will be very satisfied.
But, if you are looking for a driving experience whatever you push the button, this is not your car

Watching the hybrid work, keyless entry, second room seat console change

Better soundsystem (mid-range and bass response), memory seats, one touch all windows, higher quality tires, hydraulic hood lid (no bar) w/light, greater precision with speedmeter setting focusing on lower mph (instead of 0-70 encompassing using half the dial, and 71-140 in the second half which is almost useless), a little more suv off-road performance.

2011 Highlander Hybrid
By tdmiller

We previously owned a 2003 Honda Ody and were happy with it. Downside was that 90% of the time we only needed 4 seats- and half the time just the driver's! Nice to be able to haul stuff, great for vacations, but rising fuel costs a concern. We wanted to keep the 3 row flexibility in our next vehicle, improve fuel economy, and perhaps get something that was not over 200+ inches, making it a tight squeeze in the garage. The Highlander Hybrid hit these major features and more.

Have only put a couple hundred miles on the vehicle in cool to cold weather and averaging 26mpg, which should improve. Comfortable seats in first and 2nd row. Lots of safety features. Has a smooth, quiet ride, and decent turning circle for a vehicle this size. Ample power and good brakes. First time owning a hybrid, but liking it so far. Lots of information about fuel efficiency, etc via nav system. Plenty of bells and whistles. Good sound system.

Really like exterior except for protruding headlights. Look out of place with rest of body and just asking to be broken. Vehcile goes where you point it, but steering is numb. Better quality materials for headliner and dash. Add auto up/down to passenger side window. Manual shades on 2nd row windows would be nice for kids. Oh, and for all those who do not know this before buying, tough to find replacement tires for this vehicle. The 19in wheel size, combined with tire width and profile make for literally 2-3 options..

Good but not like the Prius
By sergelbergeron

Just bought our new HH Limited 2011 before Christmas.
So about 6 weeks ago.
Drives very good - 8K millage just
9L/100KM which is not what the book says but I think that will come.
I am disappointed in many of the interior design.
We owned 2 Prius and many of the Steering controls that are in the Prius and found in the dash - a good stretch away from the driver.
I find the Smart key - proximity is not as good and often doesn't catch if I am coming from the rear side of the vehicle.
I have not found a lock button on the rear liftgate so I have to use my Smart Key or go to a side door.
The sound system is excellent - the cargo space is good but small features are absent

Big SUV with good milleage. Solid built - safety features in case of crash. Solid confortable ride with 6 passengers. Great sound system. Wiper blades have a de-ice system. Looks good.

Proximity key range limited. Back-up camera always dirty wet. Serious error omission - a Lock button is needed on rear liftgate. Small cargo holding areas could have small manual locks like rear in Prius. More useful buttons on driver steering wheel. Ex. I don't need temperature + - on sterring wheel - my temperature is set at 70 degrees but I could use the Defrost on-off. Big 19 inch wheels - cost too much for tires. Could use some pull up shades on sides like Honda Odessey has.

Wonderful vehicle for our family
By dorenescar

We traded in our '10 Highlander Hybrid for an '11, and despite having friends think we were crazy, we are delighted with the improvements.
The mileage is truly 28 plus, and the vehicle feels easier to drive.
The interior is much improved, though still some features that look cheap.
The nav and back up camera are much improved, and the split row in the third seat is great for us.
The sound system sounds better too!
The ride is smooth and quiet, and our kids are very comfortable in the midsection.
We love this vehicle, more than the first one, and find it to be great on trips, in the city, and be a great all around vehicle.

smart navigation, sound system, auto open trunk, auto seat folding, moon roof

better looking dials and interior pieces, mouse stick like Lexus 450h has, better foot room in the back row