Used 2013 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Bitter
By Fariha

2013 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's possible I got a bad egg out of the bunch-- but my 2013 Corolla is a piece of plastic trash. I previously owned and happily drove a 1993 Corolla for several years, so when it came to buying a new, sturdy, and reliable car I did not even second guess a (then) model year older 2013.... but BOY WAS I WRONG.... In-fact, in the 4 years I have owned it, there is not a day I wish I could have that '93 back. The specs are obviously better, but the ride is awful with this, constantly shaking when idle (but there is "nothing" wrong with it??), the mpg is somehow worse than the '93, acceleration is bad, so many transmission kicks, and it handles like a nightmare... it'll slip and lose control even with a drizzle on the road and the best tires tires on the market...and OH MAN, this is what takes the cake-- the body of the vehicle is *literally* a card-board facade. It has been in a constant state of falling apart since I bought it. Highlights: The back bumper just flew off one day on the freeway, no warning what so ever, totally un-instigated.The front bumper also never stood a chance with the thin piece that goes below the plastic grill. Not even a few months after driving off the lot, the plastic grill fell off and that thin piece cracked.... and I kid you not, I constantly notice other similar model year Corollas on the road with bumper issues. But of course, my warranty did not cover the body... I mean, who even thinks of needing a warranty for a body? That being said, I did buy it certified pre-owned... sure it's certified, but I guess I have no clue what poor craftsmanship the dealership overlooked. In any case, I had a bad experience, and would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. You can do better with your money.

Not as cool but definitely reliable!
By Chi Hin

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car maneuvers around busy streets and the freeways pretty easily. The electric power steering was a little hard to get used to because the steering wheel turned so easily especially when driving 40+ mph but I don’t even notice a difference at all now. This is a great and reliable vehicle to look stylish in for a price that’ll keep your wallet happy. I do miss driving V6 engines at times because I came from mostly bigger engine vehicles but this corolla will get you from point A to point B with no problems as long as you’re keeping up with the maintenance and oil change intervals. I strongly recommend this car.

An Truly Honest In Depth Review
By ruffrider

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After driving this car in pretty much every situation possible, I must say I'm blown away. As far as driving goes: Of course it may not accelerate like the 2014-onward models and it can get frustrating especially if you like to go fast like me but this car will get you anywhere you need to be. I've driven everywhere from the mountains to the desert, and it's never left me stranded. The ride is superb, very quiet, smooth and comfortable, Driving at 120 feels more like 70. Not saying it has seats like a Rolls Royce but they are very comfortable on long trips. The shiftable automatic on the S trim is the most helpful feature. On mountain passes when going down on sharp curves, you can just keep it in 3rd and you won't have to touch your brakes. When going up, it also serves the same purpose and makes it a lot more safer. And when in bumper to bumper traffic or just wanting to feel like you have a sports car, the availablity of all 4 gears goes a long way. Car did great in the snow with cheap chains. As far as reliability : I've only done routine maintenance, and 2 sets of brakes in 3 years (but due only to the "fast and the furious" mentality I drive with) I've used it primarily as a commuter car. My mom owned a 2014 and now a 2017 corolla and I must say I'm glad I made the choice to get the 2013. Although it has much more power and accelerates like a mustang it doesn't ride nearly as quiet and comfortably and has a CVT and a timing belt instead of a chain(I don't need to get into that conversation). Also feels a whole lot cheaper in overall craftsmanship and quality. The bottom line: The 2013 Corolla may not accelerate how you'd like it to or be the flyest car on the roa but it's is hands down the most trouble free and reliable car I've ever owned. I plan to keep this car forever. Get one if you get the chance

Absolutely Love!
By Christina

2013 Toyota Corolla S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car 6 months ago after having my Honda for 13.5 years. I chose this over the brand new Corolla because I liked the way it looked, drove and overall interior comfort better. I have no complaints except the seats can get stained easily and it's harder to get out. But the seats are very comfortable, I love the bluetooth capability. Sunroof is great, handles the road nice. I feel very safe in it. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a smaller 4 door sedan.

Happy with it
By MisterSmith

2013 Toyota Corolla S Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Kids are grown up now, just needed a reliable commuter car with good gas mileage for going to work. Got the sporty loaded model and it looks nice for the price, I dont like the new popular edgey, slanted, reverse curves style of newer cars. Heated mirrors, sunroof, climate control, stitching, bigger rims & tires and nav are nice in this type/priced car. And I got an amazing deal since the 2014's were just out. It drives very average, is weak on power, and the interior fit and finish is old school, but for the value i couldnt find better. At the time, a similar Civic EX was almost $5k more. Now at 40k miles with zero issues, just oil changes and tire rotations. Even the tires still have a good 25k of tread left. I knew exactly what I was getting when I purchased it, and has fully lived up to my expectations. Would recommend, just dont expect much refinement in this model.
Update: 50k miles now, tires still good but getting noisy. No problems or issues at all. Did front brakes myself at 45k miles and still had 1/4 pad left. Only complaints are still the lack of power and interior noise on certain surfaces, which I think has progressed due to tire wear. I keep her waxed and clean and she still looks new. Headlights need constant polishing/waxing to keep from getting cloudy. Gas mileage has dropped to 27 mpg average, maybe also due to tire wear but I seemed to noticed when I put Mobil One Syn oil instead of Toyota oil last change. Back to Toyota oil.