Used 2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car, but....
By VG

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving a Suburban for 5 years. I LOVE driving it. It is pure pleasure to drive. I LIKE my Camry. It's OK to drive, but not nearly as quiet. It doesn't have the driver comforts of my Suburban. I'm driving it purely for fuel economy. It's a great quality car and drives magnificently. It is simply a very utilitarian car.

Gas mileage. It really has a very peppy engine for being a 4 cylinder. Hope it's as good in the mountains.

Make it quieter without a Lexus price tag.

Love My Camry
By dc

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't drive my car that often but when I do it is like driving a luxury car. I don't have any complaints about the car. I have had one problem with the car. The throttle body position motor had to be replace on the car with the mileage under 10,000 miles. Car had no power (get up and go) at all and check engine light came on. Fixed by local dealership. Runs great now.

Camry is roomy, quiet and a dream to drive.

Nice Car, But...
By CW

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased this certified pre-owned vehicle. Smooth, quiet ride, but gas mileage isn't what I had hoped. My 1998 Oldsmobile seemingly got better mileage. I purchased the car for reliability, dependability, more importantly, for fuel efficiency. I did a lot of in-town driving & it was less than the advertised 24 mpg.

Color, beveled headlights, roomy interior, spacious trunk, compartments inside trunk lid

Make it more fuel efficient.

Very Happy
By laubacrc

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched for months and came down to the Camry, Accord, and Altima. I was on a tight schedule and felt when the time came I would just buy the best car available on the given day. The Camry happended to be the best deal. I couldn't be happier. Much better pick-up than expected from a 4-cyl. Excellent gas mileage (34 mpg highway), and it drives so smoothly it's a pure pleasure. I bought the car with 25,000 miles on it, and I look forward to driving it for years. I get a lot of comments about the very smart purchase I made.

Surprising acceleration, interior controls are very logical, gas mileage.

It's exterior is not as appealing as the Accord or the Altima.

MPG Stinks
By Greg Winter

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am disgusted with this, my 2nd Camry, and my 3rd Toyota. The MPG was advertised as 24 city, 34 HWY. I have NEVER gotten better than 17 mpg and sometimes get 15/16. I've taken it to Toyota and all I get is a recommendation for a $500 tuneup. I have religiously followed instructions for maintenance, and have treated it with care, but I'm going to sell it. My Dodge minivan with 110K miles gets better mileage. I bought the silly thing mainly because I wanted better mileage, and it was a replacement for my '95 Camry which, even after 120K miles, got 24 mpg. Pathetic. Plus, the cup holder in the front doesn't work: it's not adjustable and the slim plastic tab keeps popping out. A lemon.

Increase mileage. Redesign the front cup holder. Improve HP.