Used 2004 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 313 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Dependable!
By Hmoob_kid1058

2004 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Although the height of the interior is fairly short, the car provides an excellent amount of leg room. The dashboard is equipped with the standard settings with the max speed reaching to 110mph. To the right of the dashboard lies the music system, which includes CDs, cassettes, and radio, and beneath the music system is the heating and cooling controls. Being a car with auto transmission, the car is installed with an automatic-stick just to the right of the driver. Along with the automatic stick shift is the hill parking handle, and two cup holders for whatever drinks that the driver may have. Between the backrests of the passenger and driver seat is a small compartment to store misc. items.

Interior design is fairly comfortable.

No serious factor that needs improvement.

Caution - 2004 Camry
By traveler464

2004 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Please note that if you have a 2004 or 2005 Toyota Camry, you may want to dump it now before it is too late. The vehicle has a part called the throttle body assembly which was of a faulty design and was redesigned. Toyota sent out a technical service bulletin reference number EG023-05. This part, the throttle body assembly with motor, costs $934. On our 2004 Toyota Camry XLE, replaced this on 08-06- 2007. On 09-09-2009, this part quit again and my wife had to walk an extended distance and Toyota refused to repair this faulty part for less than $1100.66. They had every excuse imaginable. Bottom line - Toyota does not stand behind their product - DUMP THEM.

Gas mileage is good.

Review and change the replacement policy for the throttle body assembly. If you have a faulty design don't force your errors on your loyal customers. Strange that this area is NOT covered in any extended warranty plan either!! WE JUST HAD OUR LAST TOYOTA after over fifteen years of Toyota ownership

The Best Car That I Have Ever Owned!
By Tom P.

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle used with 90,000km on the odom. I paid the full price as if it was brand new: $33,000. The interior was not in great condition. I hated the silver color. I drove it 5,000km before it was stolen from Edmonton, Alberta. It was recovered 3 months later with 40,000km than when I bought it. It was driven day and night and was stolen by drug dealers I suppose. The engine was gone on the vehicle due to not changing the oil. If you are going to steal a vehicle maybe perhaps check the oil once in a while! The car while I had it was fun to drive and with the 4 cylinder extremely excellent!

I loved the dashboard layout. Easy to use dashboard!

A vehicle this expensive should come with factory installed mud flaps. I had to pay $200 for the set of four, however they were installed at the dealership for free. Two sets of keys would have been nice to have as well.

Problem
By Marcosr111

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Steering column has begun to click when I turn. Not sure what the problem is. As the Toyota service mechanic told me, not to worry this happens to all Camry's. When AC is on idle problems occur when I start to slow down. It feels like the car is about to shut off. When I come home from work around 5pm. I do not use my car until the next day which is around 8:30am. Car feels like not turning on as if it was parked for a few months. It might be the battery.

1. Great on Gas 2. Comfortable

Toyotas are Very Reliable
By BT

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a 30-year owner of Toyota--had a 1981 Toyota Corona for 16 years and sold it to a friend who drove it another three years before trading it in. I had a lovely 1998 Toyota Camry -- only problem before sold it was getting an oil leak stopped--it was costly to get to, but the part was cheap to fix, labor was excessive due to how hard it was to get to. Had a Buick in 2005, and was really glad when purchased this 2004 Camry in 2007 with only 9,000 miles on it. Car has a popping sound when turn wheel to park in garage at night. Am told if it bothers me, labor cost to get to part is about $250; it's not bothering me that much yet. Was in an accident in 1988 Camry; it saved my life I think.

Recirculator in the cabin; didn't have this in the Buick I had for a short time in 2005; important to me since I have problems breathing the outside air of other vehicles that don't comply with emissions and older vehicles still on the road. Like the quiet ride on the highway trips. Favorite car!

Tires are not the best on these cars; can never expect to get the miles on them that the manufacturer claims. Since I bought in 2007, watching for any dryness on the rims for safety sake. Currently have about 29,000 miles on the car. First owner drove very little before he passed and son sold it.