Used 2000 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

10 years old and still running strong...
By Ben

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

I've been having my 2000 Camry since 2005, before that my aunt owned it. she had regularly scheduled maintenance ever 3,000 mi as have I with minimal maintenance. It's easy to work on and drives smoothly @ 148,000 mi. Added short ram to it and have only changed out the radiator plugs and wires, and replaced gasket seals on the valve head and oil pan and door handles. other than that its an Awesome responsive ride.

very DIY friendly, the engine compartment is spacious and allows for custom performance upgrades. And it has the MR2's tranny in it!

durable interior and exterior door handles, standard alloys?

Transmision
By T.K.

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used in 2004 because of it's reputation. It's been very reliable, only wearable parts needed to be replaced. Although when I first got it, I was spending a small fortune trying to keep the check engine off, just learned to live with it (they really need to fix their sensors). For 5 years it has been a good daily commuter, until last week when the transmission went out, which will cost $3000 to replace. It's a lot of money for a car with 135K. I was planing on driving this car for at least another 50K, most cars now a days will run at least 150K.

Fuel efficiency

Check Engine Light. Expensive to fix.

Piece of Toyota Junk
By J

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car is the worst piece of junk I've ever owned...and I had an '87 Ford Escort. The check engine light is on every other week, the car began burning oil at 40K miles (after regularly changing the oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles). The car has also had a leftward pull while driving since day one. The Toyota dealers I contacted all state that this is normal! Check the internet and you'll see numerous complaints about the same leftward pull. Add to this the fact that the car is severely underpowered and handles like a go cart. What a waste. To call it a piece of junk assumes that the car has a purpose and is an insult to junk everywhere!

None

Everything.

Great Car!
By suzie

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Camry new and it now has 110,000 miles and is still driving great! I do all the routine maintenance on it, regular oil changes, had the timing belt changed before it went out... as precaution. This particular Camry must have been well built. The only trouble I had was the battery went dead and I had to replace it. I'm looking for a new vehicle but can't hardly bring myself to buy one! I won't get rid of my Camry no matter if I buy a new car!

All

None

Average Car
By W.G.B

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned three Camry's in the past and have found most to be great cars. The 2000 Camry has been a disappointment because it started to have different maintenance issue. It started with rear-end noises that were hard to diagnose. It turned out to be a rear barring. Then I had the the shocks replaced front and back which started several noises first rear which turned-out to be bad shocks. Then the front noises started which still are not resolved. Many parts may be the problem say the mechanics. The parts are expensive of course

Good gas mileage and mostly comfortable to drive in leg-room needed in front driver seat. Easy to maintain with most items. Easy to drive and reacts problems when needed.

Front and back moving structure need improvement.