Used 2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Avalon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Avalon 2004

Antonio Gonzales, 09/23/2016
XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very reliable car

Best kept secret ever

avylvr, 07/26/2014

I traded in a junk Buick in Dec of 2012 for my beautiful 2004 one owner, all service records, 72,000 mile Avalon. I had read reviews which appeared it was a good car and man were they right. It's been growing on me, I love this car. I commute 120 miles round trip a day so now I'm at 124,000 miles and this car still feels like it came off the showroom floor. I sunk about $1500 into it with new Pirelli tires, new front rotors and brakes all the way around, new rear wheel bearing, transmission service and of course the timing belt/water pump maintenance. I'm going for 400k miles. It was well taken care of before me by a little old lady and I will continue to do the same.

The Japanese Buick

Ron Stephenson, 12/22/2015
XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Here is one of the best, most reliable cars on the market. Now 11years old, and no problems whatsoever. Quiet on the road, great mileage for a larger car and smooth handling, good brakes, great heat and cooling. Get in, drive all you want and get out rested. Once in the car, your passengers are impressed with the quality of materials and how quiet it is. Smooth ride, and lots of legroom in back. Could use larger cup holders, but the two will accommodate normal sized cups. I was so impressed with my wife's identical car that I decided to dump my Infinity M-35 and get one for myself. A low-mileage one came up at the Toyota dealer, with new tires on a 42,000 mile example. If you need a somewhat larger car with a decent v-6 engine that gets good gas mileage and great comfort for trips, this is your car.

Bought car used

avalonowner4, 06/05/2014

I bought mine off the Toyota lot used. and it was a great choice. the quality of the leather and the interior design is good for being a Toyota. The roominess of the car is also great enough room for four people to sit comfortably and stretch out.

Best Car I have owned

Neese, 10/14/2010

I purchased this car new in 12/04 and have 60,000 miles. Other than oil changes, tires and routine work it has been free of any problems or concerns. I love the smooth ride and comfortable seats with warmers for winter!! This car is by far the most comfortable and easy to drive car I have ever owned.

Avalon 04

Stan Mills, 11/12/2006

The feel and roominess are great, the noise level is very low. Handling is very good, and the ride is smooth. The power is adequate. The only item I am not happy with is the low actual milage compared with the listed average, which is 26 highway though listed at 30, and the town mileage of 20 which is not close to the 26 listed. Highway mileage at 60 mph average is 32, at 75 it is 25.

Good car, enjoying it!

BHSK, 09/29/2003

I researched many consumer websites before purchasing. I was wanting a spacious, reliable, comfortable driving car. I know others who have purchased the Avalon XLS in recent years that are also very satisfied. We recently took a trip and the car handled very smoothly and quietly on the interstate. I had been driving a Cadillac Sedan Deville prior to my purchase and was not happy getting only 18/24 MPG with that vechile, even with premium gas. Also had a number of repairs each year, and the Cadillac parts were very expensive (struts, suspension sensor light, etc). Thus far, it has been easy to see why Avalon has won many "best buy" consumer awards.

Nice, clean car--SHARP!

Delia, 10/04/2019
XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very smooth ride, A/C works excellently, no noises whatsoever---clean, smooth ride overall.

Top Notch Toyota

Purdue, 11/06/2008

Just bought this car certified used as a swap from an 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. A LOT easier, more fun, comfortable to drive than a top line SUV. Rides like a dream even compared to other cars I have tested. Interior is very spacious and elegant. Dash is more recessed than most and feels like there is a ton of room because of it. Classy looking car that is basically a Lexus with the Toyota emblem instead. Great cargo space as I lost nearly nothing from a Jeep to this. First car I have had and enjoying the extra fuel mileage.

2004 XLS Avalon is a Keeper

Jim-n-IL, 07/12/2009

We bought our XLS at 30k and now have 120k. This car is truly the best bang for the buck on the road of any other. We recently had a screech when starting, and replaced starter, didn't fix prob, dealer thought flywheel, turned out to be battery! Features are superb and gas mileage is also. Driving slower (55-60) provides close to 30mpg, above 70 is 28 and less. Onboard computer gives immediate feedback for mpg. Roominess and reliability, not to mention all the options truly make this car a keeper. We recently researched others on this chassis, 00-04 and found several at 250k and up, so that makes us confident. We will keep this one until we get to that point. Why not save your money?!?!

12345...12