2019 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $5,595
Select your model:
1...56789...12

Pros
Cons

Smooth ride

Erica allen, 12/11/2018
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish the interior had a button to pop the back door open instead of having to use the key.

Real suv

D. Vosler, 04/11/2019
SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Considered several wantabee suv’s. None had the capabilities of the 4runner for the cost. Spending 2 or 3 times for the same off-road capability is ridiculous. This vehicle is a sport utility vehicle. It’s not a car trying to pass itself off as a 4-wheeler. It also can tow 5000 lbs. which few others can accomplish unless you buy the $12,000 more version. I bought it at the start of winter as a ski vehicle which it accomplished in style. Plenty of cargo capacity for skis and duffle bags, plus the dog. A stick would make it better and doing away with emergency enhanced braking. At first I thought I had to pump the brakes because there was air in the lines. Time for engineers to try to stop driving the car and make up for poor driving ability.

Super reliable but behind the times

Stephen Stephens, 04/04/2019
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a super reliable old school off the road SUV this is it. Needs upgrades in lighting and comfort features.

Our 4th 4Runner

4Runner family, 07/31/2020
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Added 2019 new Limited late DEC 2019 when 1998 Limited was totaled out by insurance company. Suspension is more harsh than our 2012 SR5 Premium and took several months to get used too. With rebates got $47K vehicle for $40.5K which is a good deal. Got 10 year / 100,000 mile Toyota warranty for $1700. We like the NAV system on 2012 better as it is easier to work with. Friends like their Tellurides & Palisades ... but body on frame and durability have me content with purchase. They don't know yet that getting out of a ditch is more probable in a 4Runner. This 2019 does not have third row but in my 2012 we have never opened the third row ... like the deep rear floor area and so does my wife.

4 runner limited 2019 AWD

Yosvy from Miami, 10/29/2019
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a 2019 limited AWD, this an expensive SUV although, I got a good deal on the 2019 model on this October .It is very strong and reliable ,definitely a TRUE SUV .However ,for the money you pay on this model, it should have a few more extras .Fist off, we are in the first quarter of the 21 century and car technology has jumped really fast.However,on this vehicle,the trunk door must be close by hand, not only is tall and kind of heavy but honestly Toyota can add that feature so you can close the trunk with your key or from inside the car.No to mention the cell phone charger, its like any other lower category vehicle. People talk about more sensors for the blind spot etc.. but none compares with MPG.What in the world is that!The max I get is 16 maybe 17 on the highway,that is driving at 70 to 80 m/hr, In the city 13 to 14.5 that's it.It looks that the MPG is stock there !I've seen heavier vehicles with better MPG(silverado trucks,F-150,Expedition,Tahoe).This SUV drives really well ,and its confortable. If you get the 5 passenger version forget about sliding the back seats from the bottom they can only folded back or front.I like the cool and heated seats ,however the blue tooth audio connection like many Toyotas don't you expect the best. The JBL speakers are just fine (pioneer better) . Overall, I like the car , I you like off road, this type of SUV fits perfect.Towing capacity 5000 , I guess a 21 ft boat can be easily towed .For a V6 engine is very strong.In addition, to safety this car is tall ,but when it come to turns ,like many trucks or SUV it is really short at cutting left or right.Overall, it is great vehicle an a massive iron brick at the same time, so you and your family be protected.I like the car don't get me wrong, but it just this few things that needs to be improved unless you don't care.

1...56789...12