2018 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

4runner vs wrangler
By Valerie Cialkowski

2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning two Wranglers tried to purchase an Unlimited, but, the dealers wanted too much for add -on packages. Toyota 4runner is so superior in ride,comfort,storage volume, towing capacity, creature comforts, DAYTIME INSTRUMENT ILLUMINATION,gasoline tank volume, and yet will go off road equally as well. AND purchased for 9K LESS than Unlimited JL. TOO MANY reliability issues with Jeeps after owning (4) over the past 12 years.

4 Runner Two Thumbs Up
By Bay State Driver

2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First - a disclaimer; this is my first new vehicle in 11 years. The technological leap was huge, so by comparison to my Honda Element, the 4Runner is amazing. I use this for hauling, off-road, camping and outdoors activities. I'm just starting out with it, but the fuel economy has been great - much more than I expected. Highway travel has been more than 24mpg! Bopping around town takes me down to 21.5. I've been carefully recording my fuel use because frankly this far exceeds the window sticker fuel economy of 17/21 with 18mpg average. Cargo space is great... very comfortable... plenty of power and looks great. So far, so good!

My dream Truck - the best!!
By Pete B.

2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love it! Drives like a dream! Fun fun fun!

My dream Truck - the best!!
By Pete B.

2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD OFF-ROAD Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love it! Drives like a dream! Fun fun fun!

This is why I only buy Toyotas
By J.J.

2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD OFF-ROAD 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV! I love everything about it except for the poor gas mileage (but I knew about that before I purchased it). It can handle anything the road has to offer. This is my 3rd 4Runner and all have been 4WD. I love the way that the 4WD on this one can be tweaked to any condition. That was not available on my other 4Runners. The ride is great and I love the way the electronics are set up to be user friendly but still look very impressive. I also love the way the back seats recline a little. Very comfortable back seat because of this. I think that Edmunds strongly underestimates this vehicle. I almost didn't buy it because of the Edmunds reviews but I'm glad I did buy it. Again, the only drawback is the gas mileage. Mine gets 17.6 city and a little over 19 on the highway. I've only done 1 long highway trip in it and never got it over 19.2 mpg but that was with 4 adults and about 300 lbs. of luggage. This is my 5th Toyota in all and I have loved all of them!