2018 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

a great vehicle.
By Robert Olds

2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love cars ride and handling. While some professional commentators degrade the ride, I find ride makes me feel secure. Handles well in snow and torrential rain. Love being higher than most other vehicles.

Running with my 4runner
By Vandella

2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think they should be sure they get exactly what they want. It's a great vehicle.

Just What I Need!
By Ronald Waggoner

2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an extremely reliable vehicle that fits in my garage bay, tows my trailer, rides comfortably, has intuitive controls, puts out excellent audio sound, and provides an excellent driver’s view on all sides. It has four wheel drive when I need it, and the better handling rear wheel drive when I don’t.

Finally, a car that checks all of the boxes for me
By Scott

2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a fan of the 4Runner for a few years now, and even talked my brother into buying a used '10 SR5 Premium. After seeing him rack up 140k miles and it still feeling like a new car, I fell in love with this model. Expecting my first child, I wanted something bigger than a sedan and better in Cleveland winters. Tired of all of the crossovers that are minivan substitutes with 4 doors, I wanted something masculine and capable. After making a few calls, I was able to get a good deal on a Magnetic Gray Metallic SR5 Premium. I love how it has just want I want and nothing more-"leather" heated seats, moonroof, 3 rows and navigation. The ride is super smooth, I don't get the complaints of a jostling "truck-like" ride. It sits nice and high, something else I was looking for. The controls are knobs, no little buttons to turn up the A/C, which is refreshingly simple and easy. Oh, and I can't forget to mention the coolest feature on the 4Runner- the rear window. Put it down along with all four windows and the moonroof on a summer night and try to not smile.

4runner vs wrangler
By Valerie Cialkowski

2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning two Wranglers tried to purchase an Unlimited, but, the dealers wanted too much for add -on packages. Toyota 4runner is so superior in ride,comfort,storage volume, towing capacity, creature comforts, DAYTIME INSTRUMENT ILLUMINATION,gasoline tank volume, and yet will go off road equally as well. AND purchased for 9K LESS than Unlimited JL. TOO MANY reliability issues with Jeeps after owning (4) over the past 12 years.