2018 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Awesome SUV, but in need of a re-design.
By OhSoBlue

2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 4 Runner TRD Pro for almost a year now and I still love it as much as I did the first day I got it. The reliability of the 4 Runner is what made me want one in the first place. Can't wait till Toyota does a re-design on it though. The current generation is majorly due for a over-haul.

First Time Toyota Owner
By Michael

2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It depends on what you’re looking for, but if your looking for a capable and comfortable multi-tool in the shape of and SUV, I’d suggest taking a look at the 4Runner. I’m really enjoying mine. My first change would be to the dash; it’s very outdated. Too much plastic.

Great SUV
By Bill

2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 4.0 v6 is one of the best engines Toyota has ever made.

Almost everything I wanted in a vehicle...
By Dan

2018 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new 4runner! It rides extremely smooth, looks great, performs well, and is something that I really enjoy driving. The road noise is very low, the interior is clean, the speaker system sounds great, and the suspension takes on anything that the road can throw at you. The only thing lacking would be the size/power of the engine. If you're looking for a car that accelerates quickly and "gets up and goes" this car might not be for you. The gas mileage is also not great, but it's what I expected with a larger SUV. If you're looking for more power you'd probably want to look at the Sequoia (also sacrificing additional gas mileage), but with the 3rd row of seats and the ability to sit 7-8 people I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a 4runner. I definitely recommend looking at them if you're looking for something that can handle adverse conditions, off-road, and is also great for hauling a family around!

First time owner of a 4Runner
By Liana

2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far I love my new SR5. It is one of the most comfortable vehicles I have ever sat in and drove. Five stars ⭐️