Used 2012 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 4Runner for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Love my runner

John Causey, 09/14/2016
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic vehicle, could use a little more power. Ride is a little noisy. No maintenance costs so for. Almost 108000 moles.

one of the last old school suvs

shaftymcgee7, 07/21/2012

had 4runner for almost 4k miles so far and am very impressed overall, averaging about 20 mpg, this is a truck so dont expect it to ride like a car on the pavement but handles off-road very well i live in alaska and our last winter we got over 12ft of snow didnt even notice it with 4runner in 4wd. seats are comfortable and like the driving position and roominess of the cabin and overall has a very old school feel to it with lot of functional new high tech stuff thrown in. my only real gripe with it is poor paint quality scratches easy and no cross bars or running boards included in a 35k vehicle is disapointing, 4runner is built to get you anywhere you need to go anytime..

Poor Rear Bumper Design - needs a recall

dmagruder, 03/26/2012

Nice car, but the body panels (specifically the rear bumper) need to be redesigned. (see below). I am already having to replace it before I've even made my first payment, and Toyota is out of the part because it is in high demand because is a common problem with their current design.

Classy, Comfy, & Sophisticated

1daveg, 05/24/2012

I have had my 4Runner for only a month, but I have already driven it over 3,000 miles, and I'm in love with this car . . . or is it a truck? I bought an SR5 with black exterior and tan leather interior, with the premium options package, and everyone who sees it or rides in it comments on its comfort, appearance, and leading-edge features. For a beefy SUV, this vehicle has an exceptionally comfortable and quite ride and performance when you need it. Also, the sound system is incredible! The Entune System is a little complicated and, frankly, somewhat finicky, but it's worth with it to have Bing and Pandora at your fingertips in your car. Love it!

Exceeded expectations

Cscordial, 07/10/2020
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Solidly built, low cost of ownership, capable in 4 wheel drive conditions, and OK on the pavement.