Used 2012 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 4Runner for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Not as good-fun as my 2008 4Runner

magluk, 10/08/2012

Like all new cars it's nice but not as good as my 2008 SE model. This SUV is way over priced and under equipped (no mud flaps, running boars, gate assist) poor plastic and cloth inside. It seems under powered and under developed. If it's your first Toyota you will be happy for a year or so but like me this is my third Toyota. The quality has gone down hill and price has gone uphill. I wanted to buy a 2012-2013 4Runner for my wife but it's not family friendly SUV. The jeeps looks nice and so does Honda Pilot. It will be a hard and tough choice but it's wont be Toyota this time around.

Wasn't expecting this...

winsons_car, 05/28/2012

After having a horrible experience from the 2005 Nissan Pathfinder, I decided to buy its Japanese made rival, the 4Runner. The car was outstanding at first, but it had major problems after 17 days. The service engine light and traction control light had turned on. The car was basically unable to accelarate, it shook alot too. After 12 days of fixing, we got our car back. (the whole transmission was replaced) The transmission started leaking red liquid and the car sometimes still shakes alot.

Don't be fooled by the great reviews! I think people don't know any better!

face6, 09/22/2012

I am very disappointed with this SUV! I purchased my 4 runner in 2011 and have 27,000 miles on it currently. My main issues are as follows: 1) Price to value - MSRP on my limited was $43,000+ in my opinion after owning it and driving it - its really a $33,000 SUV (or should be priced this way.) Very tinny sounding when you slam the door - seems like poor quality, somewhat underpowered, many interior features cheap and plastic, Handles poorly - (See consumer reports negative reviews) - I ignored them when i bought mine. Nav/Bluetooth very antiquated - Nav way behind the times. Bluetooth sound quality when on your phone is poor. Trunk area - slight tilt Groceries shift milk falls out/breaks

Classic and dependable

Ds, 12/15/2015
Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great value for pre-owned car.

Jennifer Zackary, 05/10/2017
SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Like new.