Used 2012 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used 4Runner for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Fun and Awesome!!

mrc12, 01/09/2012

I love my '12 4Runner. I previously drove an '08 Highlander which I liked very much but it had a very hard ride. I originally never considered the 4Runner because I thought it was too much of a truck. Once I drove it, I realized I was wrong. The ride is smooth and quiet with minimal road noise. The ride is also very soft and floaty. Some people may like this, others not. The vehicle does dip a bit when breaking though. When I hit bumps or ride over RR tracks, I don't feel a thing. I have the sport seats, w/ 3rd row and Entune/NAV package and it is fun to use. The HD radio sounds great for stock. Heads turn when I drive by and I can say this is the most fun I've had driving a car.

So Far Its Great!

echiasson, 05/02/2012

I have about 500 miles on it so far. I am 6'2" and if i put the seat all the way back i can barely reach the petals and still have room in the back seat to spare. You don't buy this SUV to get 40+ MPG but i avg. about 19 MPG so far and the engine isn't nearly broke in yet. Purchased the Premium Package with the SR5 and the leather interior is awesome! sun roof is good. Entune Nav is somewhat complicated. Took a few different techs to show me how to use it. Make sure you have Unlimited Data on your smartphone because having Pandora and Bing is awesome but it can eat up data packages quickly. I highly recommend this vehicle!!

A Mini Land Cruiser

ixuonrahm, 05/30/2012

Owned vehicle for 3 weeks. So far no problem, hope in future too. Like its tall trim, off-road capabilities and features. The cabin needs some improvements though - stereo isn't as good as my previous Audi A4's one, a little too much of plastic. The navigation screen is way too tiny, yet useful. Entune is a great feature, yet needs to be filled with more usefull apps. Bluetooth iPhone integration is another nice feature. The leather trim is very comfy. 2nd row provides plenty of space for passengers. 3rd row will also be needed one day, so it's good to have it. Very happy with it, so it won't disapoint me in the future.

A Toyota for life

James, 05/04/2018
Trail 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Can't go wrong with Toyota. Always starts. Pretty comfortable for small to mid size person. Not for big or tall

Poor Over Road Ride

dmacri, 09/27/2012

I just purchased a New 2012 4runner Limited. I purchased the Limited over the SR5 because it was supposedly smoother riding. The vehicle pulses through the steering wheel at all speeds. I spoke to Toyota and had it back to the dealership twice. They both told me that it was a truck and that is the way it rides and I should live with it. I owned 12 new trucks before this and none rode this bad, of course none were a Toyota. I personal feel that it is th 20" wheels and tires that they put on this vehicle. They are hard riding and poor handling. I am limited to 2 tire manufacturers with these wheels so i can not even buy touring tires.