Used 2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Subie love
By Haniel Karoki

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Oil leak underneath the engine.

Best car for anyone!
By Lili C.

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car was a my dad's midlife crisis, and when he decided it was time to teach his daughter manual, he gave me the subaru! Best car I have ever driven. I have owned it for quite some time now, and it still runs just as great as when we first got it. It's comfy and powerful. Mods are easy and the look of the car is beautiful. One thing I noticed is that local radio gets fuzzy when I turn on the back windshield warmers... But other than that, the car is everything I ever wanted.

Really love this Subaru!
By Conner .S

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 impreza sedan in December of 2013 with 110000 miles on it for only $7000. What I don't like about this car is I found out that it the head gaskets were leaking coolant and I had to spend about a $1000 to replace them at the Subaru dealership just a week after I bought the car (this was a recall for Subaru's with the 2 and a half liter engine for this impreza body style). I have had this car for almost 2 years and have put 30000 miles on it and have had to only take it to the shop for only oil changes and getting tires rotated (Super reliable!) . The cars all wheel drive has allowed me to have so much fun in muding, sand drifting and ice skating (So Much Fun!). If you think you will ever go off of regular roads this car will have your back because it has given me the confidence to drive through 3 to 4 inches of mud and really soft sand. Some things that I don't really like about the car is it the road noise is pretty pronounced an it I usually get only 25 mpg in mixed driving when I'm not driving like a racer. With that said I absolutely love this car and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a daily driver with low maintenance cost, safety in mind, sporty looks, and all weather dependability.

Love My Subaru
By MW3304

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought with 33k on the clock. Can't go wrong with this one, peppy, planted, sips gas, good looking

AWD=outstanding grip in the corners, off the line, and in all weather conditions

2006 2.5i - 60,000 miles in.
By turnersdad

2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have now had this car nearly 4 years of basically trouble free ownership. It has been a great commuter car. The AWD has been great in the Michigan winters, and the car has plenty of power even being a four cylinder. Gas mileage has averaged 22-24 mpg. This is our 2nd Subaru and has worked out well - enough so that we bought a 2010 forester last year. Just had first maintenance done for a cost of $900 - not bad for 4 years and 60,000 miles.

AWD and decent power. Economical choice.

Stereo is pretty weak, but that is a Subaru trade off.