2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crosstrek model:

1 year. 27,000 miles.
By MrNoodle

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV 2.0i Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

2018 Crosstrek Limited , no eyesight. This Pearl White beauty has taken me over 27,000 miles in one year. As of the time of writing this I have 28,768 miles (1yr 3 weeks) with her. 1st problem with this car : Soft acceleration at high speed. This makes highway manuvering a bit more skill based, with planning and tactful execution being a must. That being said, this car has what it takes to make it fun while feeling (and being) safe! 2nd problem with this car : Bluetooth gets wonky at times. Not often, but sometimes. That's all I got for problems. I could speak ad nauseum of all the things I love about driving my Crosstrek but I thought I might address some of the negative experiences I read in the previous reviews. STEERING AND HANDLING: After approximately 25k miles the steering now hints at going to the left, but I don't believe her lies. Quick manuvering with a wide wheel base and higher platform translates into some throw that the car handles with grace and agility. INTERIOR DESIGN/QUALITY : A little more cushion WOULD be nice I'll agree there. As for the functionality it's like everything is exactly where I need it to be and everything does what I think it should. It's like she knows me, really. No really, it's kinda weird. I travel with about 300-350 pounds of equipment for the work I do and the cargo space is adequate enough for that plus a suitcase, or two suitcases if I bring the wife on the road trip. I've driven everything and let me tell you this car is a pleasure to drive!

My 8th Subaru & 2nd Crosstrek
By D W Kohne

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV 2.0i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love it rides great, good fuel mileage averaging 30MPG and 98% driving in stop and go city driving excellent in snow. Smooth transmission with great pick up even in the mountains.

Solid
By Fifoyo de Ruda

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV 2.0i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

SUBARU cars are not flashy but functional. A little spendy compared to other compact mini SUV on the market. But safety, handling, and reliability are above average. May be the limited could have come with more gadgets. The 2018 is rides well. Seats are ok for short term use but most cars are like that, except Volvo seats.

Drive at your own risk!
By Marguerite

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV 2.0i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a new 2018 Subaru Crosstrek and the defogger doesn't work. Dealership said nothing was wrong with it. When put into gear, car lurches, and jerks. Dealership said this is normal. Acceleration and braking issues. Dealership said this is normal. Horrible. My first and last Subaru. No wonder the Korean cars outrank than the Japanese ones. This is one expensive piece of garbage.

Super Crosstrek
By Rosco

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV 2.0i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Going on 1 year with 9000 miles. Changed il at 6 mo 4500 miles. Absolutely no oil consumption. Very quiet, smooth running car. Getting 25 around city and up to 34 on a trip. No problem with acceleration and general power. Very comfortable and a very safe vehicle. Love the sunshine orange!