2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crosstrek model:

Good Basic Subaru
By Joe in Reston

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV 2.0i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

As my title says... the base model Subaru Crosstrek is a good, basic car. We've owned several Subaru's previously - Foresters, and Outbacks - but this was the first Crosstrek. And if my wife would not have been involved in an accident, and our Impreza would not have been totaled, and we did not need a car RIGHT AWAY, we probably would have gone with a Forester. The Crosstrek is fine, but the base model is, well, a base model. The acceleration is the Crosstrek's worst feature, simply because there is very little. For highway driving, where you need to merge quickly into traffic, you need to find just the right window of opportunity, you can't just floor it. It is good in city/suburban driving though, and hopefully, it will be good in the snow. All in all, though, for a reliable, 'nice' car, the Crosstrek serves its purpose.

Awesome Crostrek
By Edward L

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV 2.0i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Great SUV, great safety rating, tremendous options.

Great basic transportation
By Mike

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV 2.0i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my crosstrek for about four months now, I have the six speed manual premium addition. I think this vehicle should only be sold in manual. It’s slow I knew that upon purchasing it and anyone complaining about that should have realized that off the gate. It’s not horrible slow it’s just not a fast car. I love it it’s quirky like how Subaru used to be and it’s fun to drive. Only thing I will say is I have been driving manual for 15 years now Subaru manuals are a whole new world very touchy, but it takes like a day or two to get used to then you will be fine if you are an experienced standard driver.

Great car, smooth ride, comfortable
By Brad T

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV 2.0i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Crosstrek is a great little car with that reliable Subaru feel. Comfortable riding. A perfect size for the small SUV class. Power is OK, it could be increased, but in conjunction with the CVT transmission it is a very economical vehicle. Suspension seems to be adequate. Long distance rides have a smooth ride to it, good leg room. Can't wait to try this winter. Having the base model they really got cheap with it, no extra features that you get with some of the others in the same class. Technology always seems to be lacking in the Subaru's, there is only one power port hidden under in the center console. An auxiliary port in the center arm rest box (why there?). There are no additional USB ports or power ports that are useful. Only a single power port for the entire car! Nothing in the back seat area or in the cargo area. The only major complaint is the fact when you turn the car, a warning comes up on the radio, this prevents all controls from being used and if the music is a little loud, it is stuck till that way until the warning message goes away, 6 to 8 seconds sometimes. Wow! Overall, I really like the vehicle and would recommend it to anyone thinking of getting a small SUV.

Seriously? You don't trust us with the radio?
By KB James

2018 Subaru Crosstrek SUV 2.0i Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I am just getting used to my 6-speed manual Crosstrek. Apparently, there is no shut off for the radio. Dealer tole me to just turn the volume all the way down if I didn't like having the radio turn on immediately upon starting the car. NO POWER OFF FOR THE RADIO. Are you kidding me?