Used 1991 Nissan Stanza Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Nissan Stanza Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stanza model:

Just won't give up!
By J.R.

1991 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this Stanza used as a second vehicle. It had more miles on it already than any other car I've had yet. It's been too reliable that I can't get over it. I have had new vehicles cost more in repairs in the first 20k miles than this thing has cost me in total. I take it on long trips without any concern. It's not a race car, but it still accelerates a lot quicker than I expected when I went to look at it. Only replaced one tire and kept up on oil changes. I've put over 20k miles on a vehicle thats older than some of my college aged siblings and it has put alot of money back in my pocket. It's not head turner or anything special, but I really enjoy driving around in it.

best car nissan has made
By jtravaglito

1991 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

i got this car from my father a year ago when i got my license.my dad got the car from my grandfather.she has 157000 miles on her.she runs strong as ever. I've recently had the car completely restored and she looks like she did 20 years ago when she rolled off the assembly line.for me this car is not just transportation it is part of my family history. i hope to have this car untll it wont run anymore.it is in my opinion the absolute best car nissan has ever made

Every thing

none at all

1991NissanStanzaXE
By Ray Smith

1991 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new. Fun to drive, has enough power, comfortable on the highway, interior is nice. Great car until an oil leak killed the clutch. Know of another owner that had same problem, $4,000 repair bill. Haven't decided to fix or sell.

Clutch problem due to oil leak is probably a common enough problem that Nissan should have a recall and correct.

Everyready
By Drivetillitdrops

1991 Nissan Stanza Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car since new. Now, 370,100 miles later I'm almost ready to replace it. There's nothing wrong with how it runs - it's just the little rubber things that are breaking down. The engine still has great torque - often I leave a stop sign from 2nd gear. Mileage is about 22 but sometimes I get the 27mpg of old days. The interior is still great. This has been a hell of a car.

Solid engine and 5-speed tranny.

Fantastic,Fuel Efficient, Nissan
By Bartholemule Jones

1991 Nissan Stanza Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Around 200,000 miles transmission wore out.Try not to be a leadfoot with this car. If you want a fantastic town car for a small family with a tight budget, this is for you!I've seen a 1991 Nissan Stanza GXE withover 500,000 miles WITH ONE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION! Very dependable. Like the Energizer Bunny,maybe more.

Back seats are a little cramped. extended wheelbase is desired if they make another model.