2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: Still solid at 194k miles

2006 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

1.8 S Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Still solid at 194k miles
By kismet1113 on

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have the '06 S "Special Edition" model.
I bought it used with around 30k miles and at 194k I've not had one mechanical issue.
The single cd player in the car started eating cds and can't be used and the 6 disc Rockford Fosgate changer likes to eat them as well...so I don't use them. I think the entire Rockford system is junk and just a cheap version of their normal products.
The backseat is not meant for adults at all, it is miserable for hauling adult passengers or anyone over about 5'4" tall.
I used my Sentra to commute 3 hrs a day for work and it never let me sit and never broke down.
Keep up with maintenance and it's a good car.
*UPDATE I have passed 245,000 miles at this point and the only thing I have chosen to do is replace the rear wheel bearings and rusted exhaust parts. Mind you they didn't fail, but a service tech over torqued my lug nuts on the rear and stretched the threads so that the lug nuts, even when torqued, wouldn't stay tight. I decided if I was replacing all the studs I might as well replace the bearings too. I also installed all new exhaust from the CAT back, but that was to pass a state inspection, not b/c it had failed. My goal is to hit 300,000 miles on this car before I even consider replacing it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review