Used 2006 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Love it BUT rims stink
By armywife41709

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Now here is the think! I have had this car since it had 13 miles on it! Now 3 yrs old and 47,500 miles later. I have bent 4 rims on this things! I know I know its not a manufacture issue but this stinks! It cost $200 per rim to replace through a private person and $600 through a dealership! Other than that I love the car minus the front cup holders. Just like everyone else. You put your cup in and it hits the cd player. Now that I'm married and have a child the car is getting too small. I cant get more than 3 people in comfortable. I'm trying to sell my car and get something else but cant because I still owe way too much!

the special edition is great. love the sound system

cupholders!! BETTER QUALITY RIMS

Transmission Problems
By lilcrot

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for my husband because of a traveling job. It only had 3000 miles when I got it. at 72605 miles we had to get a new transmission (3-19- 08) on 5-9-08 at 77732 miles had to get the whole assembly kit again (thank god under the transmission was under warranty still) and the snap ring had popped off. here we are at 92000 miles and having to get the transmission worked on again. all this car has been for us is trouble.

What to expect
By Carolina

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am surprisingly disappointed with my choice. Special Edition, sounded great, looked good, systems is nice, but have been experiencing too many issues after the 16k mile. It's been dealer maintained only, and I drive less than the average doe. Windows not working, car not starting, had to take it 4 times for the same issue and finally, they got it right, issues with cheap belts breaking, serpentine and Alt Belt. Time consuming, very stressful to be broken down on the side of the road when you have a "NISSAN" under 20k miles. Unheard of before, and I owned several makes and models including Nissan in the early 90's, when their quality was much better, So I would think twice next time.

Pump fuel kit. Better quality belts, better cup holders with deeper capacity, better motors for windows

Not too bad
By BMH

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got this car with 14k on it in 06 and has over 60k now. Gas milage is far better than factory sticker. Being 6'3", this car is way small. The cup holders are worthless. The ride is ok, very noisy. Doesn't like to start on first try some times or it starts and dies. Have an on going issue with the plug for the mass air flow sensor. Keeps getting dusty and then the car through an engine code and won't drive, have to blow out the plug to get it to run. Performance is poor, I had an 88 Honda Accord that had a better ride and more pep then this car.

Gas milage

Interior room, cup holders, noise dampening, better performace (125hp is bad), and maybe a better location for the m.a.s. plug.

A truly good car.
By car guy

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Best model: 1.8 S Special Edition. Edmonds' data and reviews are wrong. This is an excellent vehicle. Bought this used with 18K miles. For 10 months have driven car in the city or making short commutes. We also have taken two long trips of 2600 miles. I was a mechanic for years. Note: our other car is a Cadillac with all of the bells and whistles. 1.8 Special Edition model has good looking wheels and spoiler, keyless entry, etc. In terms of features it has more than our Cadillac excepting power seats. Interior is typically basic for an economy car. The leg room is fine for anyone under 6'3. Mileage is 33 with 1.8 Liter engine and auto trans. Handles well. Super sound. Nice car.

Never pump the gas to start. Starts and runs perfectly. Plenty of acceleration to get onto highway. Quiet engine and trans. Brakes are fine. AC is fine. Easy interior controls for everything. Lots of storage spots for sunglasses, maps, CD's, books. Back seat folds down for trips to nursery.

Only suggestion: a bit more sound deadening insulation in the cabin. It is true that the road noise is more noticeable at 55 or higher than our Cadillac. Another cause is the low profile tires that come from the factory. In a week we did not notice anymore. Not too bad. Other models not as good.