Used 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Perfect
By Ed S.

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

In 75000 miles and 8 years, the only thing I have replaced is the tires. It works perfect for us and out 150# Newfoundland.

Only car I have had towed twice
By tvanbergen@charter.net

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this as we live in the snow belt and it was a 4WD. It did go very well in the snow, slips on rainy roads though. In 35 years of driving I have never had to have a car towed. This has been towed from my house twice and this time the transmission is gone. It is 6 years old with 120,000 highway miles on it. It has never towed anything, been driven hard, etc. I now do not have a trade in even and no vehicle. I am going back to Honda's with my purchase that I am now forced to make this weekend as $9,000.00 to replace transmission and blue book is only about $7,500.00. The Outlander does have good cargo space and was happy with that, easy to drive (when running) and as I said, good in the snow. Seats are hard, we figured they would break in but they never did. My bluetooth works on the drivers side but not the passenger side. Very disappointed in this vehicle.

It's a Man cuv !
By allcarguy

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Let me tell you a story about My Outlander;I'm living in Colorado,on a day after a big snow fall,My Friends and I decided to put our vihicles to snow test...the car:2009 Subaru forester,2011 Honda crv,98 tyota 4runner and My 2010 Outlander GT. The terrain is a dry grass hill cover with about 15 inches of snow and incline about 20% (not so sure) and here the results:
4RUNNER :done it in 1 attempt,OUTLANDER :2 attempts,FORESTER:4 attempts,CRV:after about 10 attempts made it 30 feet ! What the hell...it's the most Awards and comments vihicle here,but not at this,I gess.Im happy with My Outlander after 45k.Here's a thing you need to know:To drive fast use the paddle shifter not the D drive.

alots...

Used better material .

A vehicle to pass down the family
By danman117

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I cant say enough about my outlander. I absolutely love it. I've put 50K miles on it, done regular maintenance and it drives great!!! This car is truly a bang for your buck and SERIOUSLY underated! On paper it may seem slow, but you must learn how to drive it properly, it will do 0-60 in 7 secs and handles amazingly due to S-AWC. All my friends compliment me on how cool my car is. We use it to cart around the family, commuting, and road trips, its perfect for almost anything. The ride is smooth and comfy, the brakes and steering are great because they give good feedback. MPG is right there with the EPA, 18/25. Car is technologically packed!! The Nav system is worth it when you dig through it

Evo face-good call/S-AWC handles great/Navi system is great/ back up camera makes a difference/Rockford Fosgate 710 watt sound system is unbelievable/love the split tail-gate/ love the sound of the engine "1st gear 0-60, shift at 5500 RPM, has a real nice exhaust"/ paddle shifters

wish for a little better MPG, bigger gas tank, and more protection - this CUV is truly for the city, there are no skid plates/protection, the engine>transmission>driveshaft>transaxle>suspension are all exposed, this car can probably handle is sand, dirt, and snow. rocks or any worse would be suicide

Extremely disapointed
By icharles

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Outlander since December 2009. While it is fun to drive and has very comfortable seats, I have been very disappointed in the build quality and reliability.

1) After 14k I started hearing a knocking/creaking in the rear right brakes. Dealer said it was caused by rust. After two failed brake services Mitsu replaced the rotors under warranty - fixed. Now, at 38k the problem is back. Mitsu again said the problem was caused by rust and would not fix it under warranty (new rotors only have 24k on them).

2) I have a multitude of paint chips on the front hood after only 1.5 years of driving. I had a Honda Civic for 4 years prior to this vehicle and never noticed one.

3) Creaky seat

1) Better brakes/components or better, more comprehensive warranty coverage. 2) Thicker paint and more durable clearcoat 3) Bettter quality seating components that affix more solidly together (the creak has been "fixed" 3 times). Despite the beautiful look of the car and the absolute fun it is to drive, the brake/paint/seat issues have been such a headache that I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.