2015 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

not so much
By Carl

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought it new. One of the worst cars I ever owned. Poor gas mileage (about 22/31), no pick up, road noise. Transmission problems as well. I do not recommend.

Two year update - burning oil!
By Charlie

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have enjoyed this car for almost two years. Still enjoy the comfortable quiet ride. I have been using 1-2 quarts of oil between regular oil changes (7,500 miles). Is this normal?

This is the best Mid Size Sedan bang for buck
By Peter

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The main competition to this car is the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Ford Fusion, and Nissan Altima.

In my opinion Mazda is better overall than all these cars.

Mazda is by far the most sporty of all these cars. The engine is very responsive and it's fun to go wide open throttle all the time. Mazda has a kick down switch which downshifts when you got WOT for maximum acceleration. You can also turn traction control off for a slightly more responsive throttle. Engine revs up really fast and you feel the power quickly. The traditional transmission feels better than the CVTs on the Accord and Altima. You feel the gear shifts and can rev engine.

Mazda's are also reliable. I have poked around the car a lot, and it is logically designed. Comes with skid pad for rust protection and aerodynamic efficiency. It's nice that you don't need to sacrifice fun driving for fuel efficiency because the Mazda 6 gets the best mpg of the bunch, while being the most sporty.

Honda is good, but they are more expensive than Mazda. Honda is better than in terms of performance and reliability over Toyota and Nissan. So there isn't a reason to buy a Toyota or Nissan. And ford is just completely unreliable. They have had so many lemon cars from 2011 to 2014. I would not trust the reliability. Don't read just one review. Look up reliability statistics, performance specs, and many reviews. Looks at the prices in your location and decide for yourself. For most people, the Mazda 6 is the best option.

THE Best Car I've ever owned
By dwkwhite28@msn.com

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We looked at several cars, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Hyundai Sonata, Nissan Altama, etc. It came down between the Honda Accord and the Mazda 6. We already have an Accord, which is also a really good vehicle, however I wanted something a little more sporty looking, which is why I chose the 6. Besides the amazing looks of this car, the interior and what you get for the price, just can't be beat. I'm averaging around 33mpg and that's half town driving and half highway. This car is just so much fun to drive, it handles so well and for a 4 cylinder the pick up is really good. I can't recommend the Mazda enough, very satisfied and they have me as a loyal customer.

Second 6
By Jenni

2015 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Mazda 6 - my first was a 2005 iSport that I drove for 267000 miles. I loved that car. However, when other reviewers talk about that the 4cyl engine is sluggish and slow on the take off, the 2015 is a VAST improvement over previous versions. I find my new 6 to be very responsive and quick compared to my old 6 (and a Toyota and Hyundia) . Plenty of "get up and go" for pulling out in traffic, passing and highway driving. It's much quieter and handles beautifully. It's still fun to drive. zoom zoom