Used 1999 Lexus LS 400 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used LS 400 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

The most reliable & comfortable car in the world!

afriend4life, 09/01/2013
4dr Sedan

I've owned a dozen cars in the past: 2 Cadillac's, Jaguar, 3 BMW's, Infiniti, Corvette - most I've owned for 12-15 months and had to invest $1700-$3300 per year on maintenance. I've owned '99 LS400 for 3+ years & it has been the most reliable car I've ever owned - my ex, Lexus SC430 was just as good, & they both have the "world's most reliable engine" award. I do a safety inspection once a year & surprised to hear that all is good, no problems with suspension, engine or transmission. I'm only changing oil every 10K miles (using Amsoil), brakes last long & tires are good for 70K miles. Besides better handling that my ex-BMW 540i had - this Lexus has been such a pleasure to own & joy to ride!

Me and my Lexus LS 400

padevlin, 04/22/2005
4dr Sedan

I just purchased this car about one week ago; it is the best car that I have owned during my 53 years of driving and I have driven just about all of them. I could not afford a new one; had to settle for a used one. It is in excellent shape for a 6 year old car. Heavy miles but in excellent condition. I can't decide which I like best: the design or the drive? It is a fabulous car and I am glad that I finally own one. It is a real thrill to put the pedal down and feel the surge of the powerful V8 after driving a V6 over the last 5 years.

It's True, the BEST Sedan Made

MrPino, 11/20/2011
4dr Sedan

I've owned over 50 cars in my old age and the 99 LS400 is one of the best. I also have a LS430 but find myself driving the LS400 the most. These cars are powerful, quiet, extremely relaxing to drive and get very good gas mileage. With proper maintenance, the LS400 will go 400,000 miles without a problem. I've owned 21 different Lexus cars and still consider the 1998-2000 year models to be the best.

Best Lexus ever made

anna, 04/12/2009
4dr Sedan

Best Lexus ever mAde. Best car money can buy you, no mechanical problems, no oil leaks. It mind bubling that germans can't make qualiy cars. I never see BMW, MB, VW or AUDI with 100000 miles and no leaks. But Lexus can go no problem to 300,000 miles without any issues. It is a tank-comfy one, looking good, very fast. If you're willing to pay a speeding ticket just hit the accelerator and in a heartbeat you get 155 mph. I did update my wheels to 18", that got me big improvement in handling and cornering, it was worth it. Car that you could trust, will not get you stuck.

True touring sedan

tb7600, 03/28/2005
4dr Sedan

This is a true touring sedan -- fast and smooth -- stylish -- reliable -- comfortable. This is my second LS 400,owned a 94 model and 99 model. It will be very hard to sell me on another make besides Lexus. If you want a sedan that does it all, this is your car. From 80 mph to 140 mph this car is amazing. The traditional sedan owners are totally unaware of the LEXUS !!!!!!

12345...7