2020 Kia Rio Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Select your model:

excellent commuter

steve, 02/21/2021
S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the car to drive back and forth to work and keep from being ate alive by gas prices in my pickup. I drive approx. 36 miles round trip every day and in the summer months when not allowing the car to idle and warm up I avg. 44mpg. Winter time when I let it warm up for 5 or 10 minutes, I avg. 39mpg. Now the car is cheaply made and has its space issues, but what do you expect out of a brand new car under 17 grand? If you want a good gas getter for commuting this is the car for you.

Sweet ride, wife loves to drive it.

Jeff Grabill , 11/21/2020
S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

This little gem has plenty of power. Fun to drive. Well built, great driver access to everything. Wife wishes seat on drivers side would have more vertical rise.

Loving it

Tyler, 01/09/2021
S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

For the accessible price point this beauty has a lot of features and is really nice to drive. In a nutshell I would describe it as Incredibly fuel efficient but surprisingly nimble. I've upgraded from my 2007 Toyota Yaris to the 2020 Kia Rio5 and its incredible to see what's become standard in 13 years of car improvements. Tons of gadgets from rear view camera to automatic headlights and wipers and during the Canadian winters who couldn't mention the heated seats and steering wheel. It even has a sport mode button which makes acceleration surprisingly quick. I was prepared to dish out more money for a new car, initially looking at vehicles like the Kia Seltos and Hyundai Venue but found that I preferred this over them even when disregarding the price comparison. I decided maybe more money doesn't mean better car, so I tried the Nissan Micra and Mitsubishi Mirage next and realized that it turns out the Rio is just an outstanding car in it range. Take one for a test drive and you'll see the difference yourself.