Used 2010 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Forte

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Excellent Car...
By jmp2010

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded a 1997 Ram 4wd i have had for 6 years for this car. Obviously the gas mileage was the problem with my truck. Over the course of 3 days i drove a total of 27 different vehicles. I came to my kia dealership with the sole intention of a used car. My salesman gave me the keys to a new 2011 Forte Ex and said drive it like you stole it lol. I was so impressed with the car i signed papers 30 minutes later. My car was slightly used as a low mileage lease to the Kia manufacturing plant a few miles from my home. Its primary function was a carpool car. It was perfectly maintained and had 3400 miles on it. It now has a little over 29000 on it and not even the slightest hint of a problem.

Great Mileage, awesome looks inside and out, decent power, i'm a pretty big guy and i have PLENTY of room for me my wife and 4 month old.

I have a 5-speed auto, the gears are pretty tall but can be fixed with the sport shift.

Great for the price
By jezdjb

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This little car is quick, comfortable, and good looking. 6700 miles so far and no issues what so ever. We avg 29mpg with city/hwy mixed. Haven't gone on the "long drive" yet but I'm guessing it will be fine. Like it so much we went and bought a 2011 Rio SX so it wouldn't be lonely :)

Love the exterior look! Interior is comfortable and easy to navigate. I'm 6'3", feels "roomy" to me. Factory sound system is nice.

4spd auto takes some getting used to. Wants to shift to 4th faster than I like. (Better mpg right?) Some road noise but undercoating hepled. Auto dimming rearview mirror does not work at my height but is fine shorter drivers.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By lydiac8668

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am amazed they have not recalled this car! My engine has stalled on me 4 times now and no one knows how or why. According to other sites, I am not the only one! I drive only 4 miles away from my home daily to go to work on a very busy street. The last time it stalled, my lights were still on in my car, except my engine cut off, as well as my power steering, in drive,
and I had to throw on my emergency lights and use my entire body weight to pull into a lot. This is day 5 of having a rental car through Kia and they still can't "recreate the situation" or "fix it". If you wouldn't put your loved one in it, don't buy it!

What sold me was the bells and whistles. It has all of that, for a low amount.

Everything. Stop worrying about the bells and whistles, and start fixing the real issues.

Wow, tried the rest now try the best
By charlescharles

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I work for a valet company, it is safe to say that i have had the privilege to drive all the cars in this segment and then some. Subtle design with a hint of class that does ot belong in this segment. Not one of its competitors feel this good and i can honestly say that the only car that stands out above it is the focus. Too me the elantra has a weird exterior. The corolla is extremely outdated and feels cheap, the civic is nice but if you are like me and lean on the bigger than average then your leg will stick into the handbrake and you will feel awkward driving it. For the price nothing comes close, hopefully depreciation is not too bad and in my opinion the only deterrent. 87/100

Pros: Smooth ride Amazing features Low cost of ownership at 35k very reliable

Cons: 4 speed auto gets 30 mpg max (10 percent off epa est.)I drive like miss daisy, eco always on even at pull off. 5 speed auto highly recommended a little more lumbar support( a problem across the board in this segment) rear spoiler will ad a little needed agressive styling. trip computer that includes mpg calculator. rds radio

Great car for an even greater price!
By gnatmarie

2010 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 7 months now and I am thoroughly impressed. I am coming from a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta so the fact that I never have to take my Kia Forte into the dealership for a check engine light every month is a very nice perk. My Forte hasn't had any problems yet. I've had the oil changed once (I love that it only needs to be changed every 7,500 miles) and I will be getting a second oil change soon enough. The inside of my Forte is really classy. I love the materials used for the interior. I especially love the type of paint they use for the interior trim. It doesn't chip and peel. Then again, I make sure I never use any kind of harmful cleaner on it.

I love the Bluetooth! I use the Bluetooth feature with my phone all of the time. I love the iPod/Aux hook-up. I ended up subscribing to Sirius XM because I loved that so much too. I like the multiple cup holders (2 in the middle console and 1 on each side of the driver and passenger).