Used 2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Cherokee for Sale
Select your model:
12345...24

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

MY JEEP IS TURNING OFF---WHILE DRIVING

agarcia, 07/28/2016
Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I have a 2014 JEEP LATITUDE. My engine is burning my oil and it shuts off my jeep- WHILE DRIVING! I've now had it looked at by the dealership 4 times and even ended up in a minor car accident because of it and still Chrysler insists they have to continue running oil life tests on my vehicle. I've even had to go to a local Auto Zone and purchase 5QTS of oil just to get my vehicle to turn back on and get it back to the dealership. The whole situation is very frustrating and Chrysler is doing nothing about it, saying they have official bulletins stating that it's normal for Jeeps to be burning oil. Trust me if I knew I would be struggling with my new Jeep more than I was with my old car I wouldn't have even considered JEEP. Dealership only suggestion was for me to monitor the oil daily!--Who buys a new car and has to check the oil DAILY just to make it down the street

No confidence in Jeep

Bob, 08/18/2016
Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

My Jeep Cherokee 2014 has already been recalled 5 times. On August the 17th the car stop abruptly in fast moving traffic when the transmission failed. A little internet research reveals that Jeep has had multiple transmission issues with their 9 speed transmission. I contacted the manufacturer and requested a 3 year extension on my vehicle as I have no confidence the car. So far they have refused. It is incomprehensible and outrageous that you can invest $ 30,000.00 dollars in a automobile that fails, puts your safety at risk and Jeep refuses to back up it product. My previous vehicle was a Chevy Colorado. It has over 140,000 mile on it and is 15 years old. I have have never had it in the shop for anything other than an oil change. It has a 10 year power train warranty. I never had to use it.My son is currently using it for college and still no mechanical concerns. I took a leap of faith and purchased a Jeep. It clearly was a mistake. The internet is riddled with Jeep owners transmission issues. I will never purchase another Jeep product and advise all buyers to beware. The only good note the people at Tate in Glen Burnie have been courteous and helpful in helping me repair my faulty vehicle. When you make a $30,000.00 dollar purchase you should have confidence in your vehicle. I currently have a Jeep case manager reviewing my issue. Will see where this goes. 2/21/2017: Initially received little help , follow up or assistance from Corporate customer service Jeep case manager. I filed a complaint with the Maryland Attorney Generals office. They assigned me a mediator who contacted Chrysler/Fiat. After having my concerns ignored the Maryland Attorney General Office got their attention. The Maryland Attorney General's Office was wonderful. Government does work for it's constituents. A Chrysler representative called me at home and asked- how they could resolve my complaint. I requested a 100,000 mile extended bumper to bumper warranty as I was no longer confident in the vehicle. They agreed. The transmission after several repairs has been operating with out issue although the shifter now needs replacement which the dealer service department has ordered. The dealership service people have been wonderful and I have nothing but good things to report on their efforts to resolve customer concerns satisfactorily. I think Chrysler has resolved some of the major transmission issues that plagued the 2014 Jeep Cherokee. I am still somewhat disgruntled that $30,000.00 dollar vehicle should have resulted in 7 recalls and suffered a major transmission failure. If when I purchased the Jeep the sales representative had suggest that I could expect multiple recalls and perhaps transmission issues would anyone have purchased this vehicle? Of course not. To be fair I have to say I really like the Jeep it had what I was looking for in a small SUV. But Jeep customers should not have to endure this level of inconvenience and difficulty for choosing to buy Chrysler.

2 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars

worst car ever

worse car ever, 08/15/2018
Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This Jeep is my third jeep and I am extremely disappointed. I have owned a Wrangler, Jeep Grand Cherokee and now this trailhawk. I feel like each Jeep I own, there are more and more issues that plague these vehicles. Most recently I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, since acquiring this, it has required a new transmission (under 20,000). This vehicle also required some other work (which slips my mind at the moment) that was done six months outside of the 3-year warranty. The cost was roughly $2700, thankfully Mopar refunded the majority of costs. I thought this should take care of everything but it is turning into a nightmare of a money pit. I have also had to replace brake pads, rotors in the last few months, the passenger rear handle came off I still need to order a new handle and have it installed but haven’t had the opportunity, so I have been avoiding using this door. On occasion my tailgate won’t close, I usually have to unplug the battery in order to reset this issue or google a quick fix. 2 weeks ago, I needed to replace the battery because my car wouldn’t start while visiting family, one of the connectors needed to be replaced at this time as well. The final straw has been finding out today that the ball joints need to be replaced. I understand that repairs sometimes need to happen and there is always routine maintenance, but this is excessive. I spend a significant amount of time without my vehicle and spending a lot of money for a car that is about 4 years old. I feel with the issues I feel extremely disappointed at the number of repairs and issues that are occurring and am looking to get a new vehicle when I was hoping this would last a couple more years. I feel that it is quite ridiculous to have to invest so much time and money in renting cars, seeking diagnosis for a relatively newer vehicle, and have never needed to bring in a car so much. This vehicle has become a laughing matter among my friends, family and coworkers. I am embarrassed that I am having so many issues and I wish there was a better warranty, or another option besides getting a different vehicle.

5 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars

3.25 out of 5 stars

Jeep is a joke

jtk13, 06/18/2015
Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I purchased my 2014 Jeep Cherokee on 04/2014. As soon as I drove it off the lot, the stereo module wouldn't connect to my bluetooth. 2 times in the shop, computer module was replaced. Few months later, the vehicle started "changing gears" while going 70 mph. It literally felt like the vehicle would change to neutral and the tires lock up. It only lasted a few seconds. Took it to the local Jeep dealership they said it was nothing wrong with it. Took it back with the same issue, still nothing wrong with it. Took it to the place I bought it, they fixed the transmission valve (after being in the shop for 3 weeks) I'be been having the vehicle back one month and it still has problems.

1.63 out of 5 stars

Warning! Stay away!

murphy45p, 06/18/2015
Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Be aware that car manufacturers pay some reviewers to raise the overall rating of vehicles. I had transmission problems from day one, a new transmission that still had problems at 16k miles after two software updates, engine lights requiring replacement of an air shuttle. All in all, the first 24k miles, a year of owning the vehicle, I was without it for over two weeks. What you're looking for in a new vehicle? Me neither. The transmission defects on this vehicle are well documented and in other reviews as well as mine. Believe them. There are many more reliable vehicles than this one, I'll never buy another Jeep product it's the worst vehicle I've ever owned.

12345...24