Used 2000 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Jeep Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

2000 Jeep Cherokee
By saxd45

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a great little run around vehicle. Built like a tank. Almost 10 years old and we still can take it to the club without "shame" Seats fold down & we can haul a ton of stuff.

Everything is well built & holds up to wear & tear.

My wife likes the running boards I installed.

Love
By paradisecity

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

My dad bought this Jeep new in 2000, and loved it. After a few years, the poor baby had to sit for a while so he could drive something that got better gas mileage! I got this awesome vehicle on my birthday 2 years ago. I love it to death, it can do anything! Off road, on road, hauling stuff, this thing is a tank! I would never trade it unless it dies on me....hopefully never. 4LO is a ingenius invention, you never get stuck with that kicked in! And you can pretty much pull anyone and anything out from mud/snow, etc. Currently running with 99318 miles. New brakes after getting her running again after sitting, and new Firestone Destination All Terrrain tires.

Looks, comfort, capabilities! Definitely rugged yet showy, and the seats are great. They kind of hold you in! It handles great in mud and snow, as well as the normal dirt or pavement. The 4.0 is also a nice plus, very powerful! I love it.

Bring this baby back! It was a stupid idea to ever let it go...it is a super common vehicle around here and everyone loves theirs. Other than that, maybe a slightly quieter interior. But that's not even a huge deal anyways, just blare that music!

Great for a Jeep
By tedmoseby

2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my previously leased Limited and have put about 60,000k on it since 2003. It's a very reliable car, but even fully loaded it's becoming a relic very quickly. I will probably run this thing to 300k just to see if I can(they say the I-6 is rated for 300k), but my wife just bought an '08 CR-V and she has about 50 more options on her vehicle than mine. Plus her v-4 engine feels more powerful than my I-6. I love the 4 wheel drive, it handles great in snow here in Colorado. The only problem is the back seat is not comfortable, and even fully loaded, there aren't a whole lot of amenities on this car. For a Cherokee though it's the best you can get, unless you want to pay 40k for a Grand.

4 wheel drive, really the best reason to buy a Jeep. Handles excellent and the Limited edition has great options like fog lights, leather interior (good not great) and extra overhead storage for sun glasses and garage opener. Cruise control also standard. Better rims.

I have had to replace the entire A/C system over the course of 2 years. Even with a great mechanic I know who got the parts cheaper than chain stores it set me back about $1,300. The back doors do not open all the way, something important when you have to put a car seat back there.

Starting to dim at 90K
By Bob V.

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV

I have really been pleased with it. However, at 90K the rear differential has got noisy (an $1800. repair if you don't like noise). This Jeep eats brakes like french fries. I'm on my 5th set. The AC controls are breaking down also. I was hoping for 125K, before retiring it, but I'm wondering what's next. I paid 17K new. No absolute major repairs.

Handling and simplicity

Out of production

Off road Jeep that can handle the city
By Jeepin

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

Ok to start off this is my second Jeep Cherokee as I hydolocked my last one, oops. I had to buy the Cherokee again as I am very impressed with its ability to handle difficult off-road situations without mechanical failure, a very reasuring feeling. The 6-cyl has the power on the road and on the trail. 4x4 is great in deep snow, sand and steep trail riding. I wish they would put the Cherokee back in production. I modified my Jeep to include a snorkel for deep water protection and performance, pretty sweet mod. Added Grill guard, wrench, skid plates, lift kit, serious roof rack. Solar power to keep battery tip-top, Hella Fog lights, air compressor, in dash GPS, laptop mount I love my Jeep!

4x4 works great in snow, sand. 6 cyl is perfect. Great interior, dash, guages, cup holders. Easy to work on and modify. Reasonably cheap after market parts. Reliable heater. Manual transmission is awesome and automatic is responsive

Diff. locker option. Power lift gate window option. Skid plate options. Hybrid option and/or diesel engine. Build a more reliable AC system