Used 2010 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Hankook Tires
By Bob

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, fun to drive. The main problem are the Hankook tires as they wore out in less than 1 year. Only 18,000 miles on car and now I need to spend $600.00 for new tires. hankook tires would NOT even pro-rata tires. Avoid these tires, absolute JUNK!

My New Car
By Hyundai made in USA

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car, luxury for me compared to what I am used to. Fuel millage better than I thought I would get, XM radio a plus, will keep until free time is up. Very comfortable, sight lines are excellent, sound system is great for a rock-n-roller,

Starts and gets me to point B

Touchy gas peddle, confused transmission in higher gears, drls needed, dashboard rattles a lot, road noise is high at times

Not So Bad After All
By Lonnie

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had my heart set on a 2010 Kia Forte EX, but due to financing issues I got the Hyundai Sonata, and I must admit I'm completely BLOWN AWAY! The Sonata I got was a former rental so it was well taken care of and the price was amazing! I did really good going up Interstate 5, it handles very well, but can be a little shaky on tight turns. The interior is nice and has plenty of room for my daughters infant seat in the back seat, and it has a HUGE trunk. I love that it comes standard with all the bells and whistles that are optional on other brands (ie. XM radio, CD/MP3, air conditioning, power locks and windows). Overall not a bad buy. I really like my Sonata! Great car for HWY driving.

XM radio, gas mileage, comfortable interior, roomy interior, smooth ride, large trunk, nice sounding speakers, easy acceleration, HWY handling, quiet engine.

Power drivers' side seat standard, trip computer standard, compass and outside temp standard, auto headlights standard, CD changer standard. Less shaky turns.

Sonota Odor
By vin

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I purchased my 2010 Sonota I was told that a chemical odor in the car was associated with a metal protector applied to a new engine at the factory and it would burn off shortly after driving it awhile. After a year, the odor did not go away. In that year, I brought the car back to the dealer on several occasions to complain about it. The dealer acknowledged the smell was present and tried to remove the odor once by cleaning the car. They admitted they could not remove the odor. Except for odor, the car has been great (just like my previous Sonota). Unfortunately, I no longer recommend buying Hyundai cars. Hyundai does not stand behind their product after they make the sale.

Do not sell cars the have offensive odors!

Why you might consider Sonata 2010
By Gary

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you are tight on cash and need to save those $2000 but don't want to buy a second hand car. I mean $2000 could buy you 2 years of gas. I will only compare this one to 2008 Accord and 2006 Camry because i have driven them both. The driver's seat is not as firm, steering is not as nimble and car has a floaty feel to it. Suspension is not as tight. The dashboard plastic crackles once in a while. The mileage is great, controls are easy and well placed. I saved $2000 on similarly equipped Camry and accord.