Used 2008 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Ridgeline

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

Great Daily Driver Pick Up Truck
By Brian

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB w/Navi (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Ridgeline. I originally owned a 2006 RTS which I drove for almost 60,000 miles. I was going to buy the new 2009 body, but with the great deals they offered on the 2008 I opted to get it instead. I was able to get the loaded out leather, Navi, Moonroof RTL for what I originally paid for the 06 RTS. I was very pleased with the reliability and overall performance of the 06, which is why I decided to buy another one. In 60,00 miles the only thing I had fixed was a strut which was under warranty at the time. I drive a lot for a living so comfort is extremely important. I have owned a few trucks over the years and have never had one that drives as well as the Ridgeline.

Looks, drive comfort, trunk bed (probably the best feature found in any truck), AWD system works very well in snow.

Fuel mileage, better tow rating.

Problem Truck
By Ridgeline

2008 Honda Ridgeline RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but issues with this truck, the first problem showed up the day after I bought it. I have owned my truck for about a year and a half and have had numerous seals replaced included a gas cap. Most recently my brakes. They have frozen up on me and the emergency brake stays on. Neither the dealership or Honda know how to fix, they know there is a problem but have told me they can only fix it once I am stranded again. Not looking forward to that. I would never recommend this truck or Honda again, I had better luck with Hyundai.

Only things I like about the truck is the comfort and style.

Find a fix for the brakes, that is a safety hazard, and improve the seals.

Couldn't be happier
By VolzFan

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my ridgeline for 9 months now. Test drove the Tundra but wasn't about to drop $32k on something that didn't have all the options I wanted. The RTS model had everything I wanted and needed. Wife loves driving it and handles great in the Seattle area snow and year round rain!! Traded in my '05 Civic for this and couldn't be happier.

Stereo system is great! Steering wheel controls are great. In-bed trunk has been a god send!

Better gas mileage, heated mirrors on RTS model and rear defrost would be nice!

Good to Go
By righton

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, this is the best car/truck I have owned and driven for a person who has owned and driven 50 plus cars. It is practical in regard to doing a variety of things really well. It is very solid and safe with 5 star ratings. It tows well with an excellent tranny match. It has good off road ability in the sense that if you are not looking to get stuck you won't. It rides like a car. My only real complaint is that it is short on after market options.

Very Nice Vehicle.
By Thomas

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my RTX after coming out of a Honda Odyssey lease. I really enjoy the overall driving experience of this truck. It handles extremely well, drives smoothly and is comfortable inside. I love the in-bed trunk and the numerous storage areas inside the cab. The gas mileage is comparable to other mid-size 4x4 trucks, so I knew what I was getting into. The engine is powerful, but seems to strain just a little when trying to pass with a cab full of people or a load being towed. Love the way the back seats fold up so you can use the flat floor for storage. Don't pass up the Ridgeline because of looks, you will regret not test driving this vehicle when comparing the others trucks out there.

In-bed trunk, all four windows can go down using the key remote, lots of storage, fold up back seats, tailgate that swings out and folds down and sliding rear window. Full front/side airbags. Safety features.

Needs more horsepower/torque. Leather seat option on lower models. Improve gas mileage (Honda should be a leader in this category).