2012 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Mixed emotions - don't buy a V

2012 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

Mixed emotions - don't buy a V6 with VCM!
By pa350z2006 on

2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Update as of 9/16. I sold this car over 2 years ago. Honda let me buy new tires at 36k citing that was the reason for my vibration. I finally found the sensor to unplug which disables the VCM, and bang no more vibrations. Pissed me off that Lehigh Valley Honda, Allentown PA let me buy four new tires and spend all that money for nothing!!!

I traded it in on a Jeep Grand Cherokee(jeep dealer couldn't sell it, had to send it to auction). Much nicer vehicle inside, my first American car in 20 years and you know what I would buy another one. Jeep stood by their product even out of warranty not once but twice. What does Honda do? Wastes your money and then tells you the vibration is normal. Google VCM Honda folks, all their V6 engines have this issue.

Original review:
I have had my 2012 for 1.5 years now and 25,000 miles later.
No major issues to date that left me stranded, getting the AC noise hopefully fixed this friday and warped rotors already.
What is concerning is the vibration at 70mph.
I would be cautious when buying this car, there is something going on here with the cylinder deactivation system.
My car was fine till around 23k and then all of a sudden I have vibration coming from the front into the steering wheel and car.
Its not alot but can tell its from the engine.
Set the car at cruise 70mph on flat road, let it start to climb uphill slowly in eco mode and you will feel the vibration.

• Noise and vibration
  • Ride comfort
  • Usb ports
  • Bluetooth
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review