Used 2011 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Insight model:

Honda Insight 2011 Its a Beast!!!
By mike.a

2011 Honda Insight EX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

ok if you do find one now because its an oldie 2011 its a good buy but drive the car first, make sure you check everything and ask all the questions you need make sure is certified and that the battery was changed or charged at 60000 or 100000 if its over that many miles. My car its a beast because I don't treat it like one, you drive with patience and discipline and it can take you to the moon its over 125000 miles and drives great I have confidence in my car only problems ever has been my wheel studs from dumb people changing tires at a wheel place, but you can changed it and fixed it on your own. Besides tires knock on wood nothing else has been an issue on it thank god the car its a monster yes the oil changes are expensive but at the dealer its cheaper but you wait a long time that is all patience once again if you do not have any do not buy this car lol

Insight fan
By William R

2011 Honda Insight 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great value in a car. I have gotten on average about 43 mpg. This is my second Insight, my first 4 seater. I have owned Hondas since 9/1979. I have been very pleased with the various models that I have owned (3 Civics, 2 Insights and 1 CRX). My current Insight has been the best.

WORST CAR IVE EVER OWNED
By Mansoor ahmed

2011 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was looking for a hybrid car and wwanted to buy a certified pre owned vehicle for warranty. The Honda insight seemed suitable and fit in my price range. I paid over 14k USD for this car about 1.5 years ago. This car is terrible. The CVT transmission is pathetic and the acceleration in this car is a joke. The sseats are extremely uncomfortable and the visibility in this car is terrible. I constantly have to go to the dealership for a faulty tire pressure sensor on this car. Also, this car lacks so many basic features. There aren't mirrors in this car. No Bluetooth. I've looked up the current bluebook value of the car and its only worth around $6k now. That is terrible depreciation in value and I will never buy a Honda again. I'm stuck with this car now since I paid so much for it 18 months ago and its worth literally NOTHING now. I would have been better off buying a Mercedes Benz for the price I paid. Absolutely disgusting Honda crap.

One of the best cars I have ever owned.
By Chris P

2011 Honda Insight LX 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Insight is hands down one of the best cars I have ever owned. I own and operate a small courier business and drive over 40,000 miles a year and this car never stops impressing me. Even at 148,000 miles this car has never asked for anything except basic maintenence and one set of front brakes. The ride and handeling are very good for the cost of the vehicle and the driver's seat is exceedingly comfortable even for long trips. It is a basic car in terms of luxury but it has a lot of nice features that overall make it comfortable, and the handeling and overall driving experience is impressive for a vehicle I'm this price range. I always get better mpg than the car is rated for without really trying. You get a lot for your money with this vehicle.

Basic down to earth hybrid
By readykilowatt

2011 Honda Insight 4dr Hatchback (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have owned our 2010 insight for three years and have 37,000 miles on it.
The professional reviews are right in that it is a lot like the early Japanese cars that were on the market in the 70's which were very reliable but very basic in design.
If you want a reliable small cars for commuting back and forth, it is a great purchase.
We use it to go back and forth to town and it gets us about 50 mpg as it seems to love going about 50 mph.
Yes it rides a little hard and is short on sound insulation but for what we use it for, it's ideal.
I wouldn't use it for a long drive though.
We'll be passing it on to the children and probably getting another the last year of production.

Very low initial cost, great mileage, dependable, nice body style.