Used 2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 247 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fit model:

Piece of JUNK
By Kibbles00

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Thought I'd try this car since Toyota was having all their issues. Big mistake. Everything in the car is plastic, it hydroplanes, and you can blow on the carpet and it shimmers. Went back to a solid car, Toyota. Also this dealership is awful.

good gas mileage

start all over again.

My fit at 18 months
By colofarmgirl

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Fit. I don't know why the mileage is listed at 29 mpg. I get 40 mpg, although a lot of my driving is on the highway. I was really surprised at the acceleration, given the mileage. It has great cargo options. The interior is holding up well given that I always have a couple of dogs with me. The only drawback to the Fit is that it gets blown around in high winds. I wish it had cruise control, other than that I am really pleased with my decision to buy the Fit.

automatic door locks, real time mpg display, tire pressure warning, sound system

cruise control on base model

Expectations Met
By Catawba

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car during Cash For Clunkers, but waited to write a review until I saw how it performed during a Vermont winter. I put studded snow tires on and it's been fine. Everything else is what I hoped for--fun to drive, trouble fee and consistently gets 40 mpg. I keep the back seats folded flat to accommodate golf clubs, dogs, etc. To keep wear and tear to a minimum, I bought an Elemmat from Murdock Industrial. It's a rubber mat designed for this model and it protects the cloth upholstery. I got the base model, since the only feature on the sport model I cared about was cruise control, but decided it wasn't worth the extra money. Not a luxury car, but great basic transportation.

Excellent mileage, smooth manual transmission, lots of room for cargo, good safety rating and typical Honda reliability.

Seats could be a bit more comfortable--not a problem around town, but becomes something of an issue on long trips.

Still loving it
By Tonya

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car over 9 months ago. Still super cute and fun to drive. Had a fender bender a few months back and drove a Mazda 3 rental for a couple days; could definitely tell that the Honda Fit doesn't have as much horsepower when compared to the Mazda 3 but I never purchased the Fit with the delusion it was a high performance sports car; No mechanical problems to report yet and I get lots of compliments on the vehicle; I use the vehicle for mainly commuting around town for work so can't say I've ever thought it was overly uncomfortable; It was a good purchase for the money paid when compared with similar models of Toyota and Nissan

More cargo room than friends' VW Golf and Rabbit; cute exterior; Maintenance minder that lets me know percent of oil life left allows me to go for 5000 miles without unnecessary maintenance; love the Cherry Red color

Automatic shut-off for headlights; twice, I've managed to leave them on; arm rest for passenger seat

Honda Fit
By Eric Hoover

2009 Honda Fit Hatchback Sport 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Fit for approximately 6 months and the auto has proved to be very reliable. Overall the Fit is well constructed, but a little bit on the cheap side for features. One example is the front wiper blades - I cannot remember a recent car or truck that did not have true intermittent wiper blades! The Fit rides sporty, but a "little" on the bouncy side. The noise level inside the cabin can become fairly loud at times, such as during acceleration. The front seats are also on the uncomfortable side - the seats could be better designed and have at least an adequate armrest for the driver and passenger. The gas economy computer is also a joke - even GM can do this right.

Gas mileage, build quality, "Magic" rear seats, and the ability to configure the interior.

Additional insulation, upgraded stereo speakers, redesigned front seats and improved automatic shift logic. Reprogram the fuel mileage computer. A REAL ARMREST.