Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 605 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

sagging headliner
By rick

2005 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

the headliner is held up with four little pices of velcro wich do not do the job, it sags down about a half inch wich is very annoying for taller drivers. also fuel ecconmy is only 20 mpg. I was a big honda fan till i bought this accord, my civic was a better choice,

I LOVE my Honda
By Sonia

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've made three payments on this car and it's the first time in my life that I don't mind writing out a check! The UMF suprises me--sometimes it seems like my car just wants to get up and go (lots of power for a 4 cyl.). It's very stylish and it looks like I paid alot for this car but I didn't. I was blessed to pay $19,990 for this car + TTL. Very affordable. Unfortunately some dummy in a 1980 Toyota rear-ended me last month (ouch!) but my bumper did what it was supposed to do and my car is back to the war it looked-- beautiful! I recommend this car to anyone who enjoys driving a sedan.

The radio controls on the steering wheel, the moon roof, the graphite pearl color, the six disk CD changer, the grey interior, all the safety features, the 10,000 first service, and the powerful engine. All this for a very affordable price. It's a really FUN drive!

Someone pointed out that the car is a low to the ground so that worries me a little-flooding.I also notice my bottom scrapes on high curbs.Steering wheel isn't too comfortable to handle.The arm rest could stretch out a little more.I wanted this car in black but I didn't like the beige interior.

this car rocks!!!
By eddie

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this car for two months and have yet to see another one. I wanted something fast, comfortable, stylish, and relatively inexpensive that would hold its resale value. I got everything I wanted. The six-speed is very smooth. The build quality is superb. Everything just seems to be so well thought out. You get much more content when you choose 6MT over automatic. 1. Upgrade from 16" to 17" wheels 2. Sport Suspension with tower brace. 3. Perforated leather seats 4. Much better tires. 5. Sound system upgrade from 120W to 180W 6. Intake manifold tuned for better sound above 4500RPM. This car loves the tight twisties but is a business jet on the turnpike at 2500rpm/80mph.

1. Performance 2. Comfortable Seats 3. Regular Gas 4. Wheels and Tires 5. Exclusivity (Dealer had to import one from Honda dealer 250miles away.) 6. BMW's and Audi's for breakfast. 7. Makes me feel young--sensible mid- life crisis car. 8. No squeaks or rattles. 9. Precise steering

1. Even fatter tires would look better. 2. Louder exhaust (probably would kill ULEV rating though...) 3. "Name" audio system (Bose, etc.) although sound system is pretty good. 4. Standard fog lights.

worth the wait
By satutoring

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked up my Accord yesterday and I am very happy with my choice. I had owned a Subaru WRX and was going to get another Subaru, but for the value, features, performance and reliability, you just can't beat the Accord. I got a great deal on an 05 with nav (it was the last one at this particular dealership) and it was a great snag. I'll miss the AWD of the Subaru but I'm glad I chose the V6 over the turbo 4.

V6 and nav of course!

Auto dimming mirror, remote for the radio

Worth every penny
By Chief&Jay

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is exactly what we were looking for in a mid size sedan. It has enough room for passengers, all of the stuff for us techno geeks, some luxury, the power, efficiency, build quality, and residuals that we were looking for.

The Navigation System is worth every penny, especially with its voice recognition feature. Also, auto down windows from the keyless when walking up to the car is great for very hot days. Very good ownership experience from Honda and our dealer.

Honda is chintzy on interior color choices. I also wish out car had VSA and auto dim mirror. Also, the navigation needs more capability in providing routing choices when calculating a route.